1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering HDD games to a new HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by wassupjk, Dec 22, 2004.

1. wassupjk

wassupjk Member

I currently have a 120gb hard drive, and the original HD advance. I wanted to upgrade to HD advance 2.0 and get a 300gb hard drive.

1) How can I transfer games between the 2 hard drives so I don't lose all the backed up games on my 120gb hard drive?

2) Is there going to be any incompatibility issues when switching to HD advance 2.0, with all the games backed up with the first HD advance?

2. wassupjk

wassupjk Member

Anyone?

3. Silvio6

Silvio6 Member

Hello,

there is not compatibility problems when you upgrade HD Advance, as the games are on the HD, and no change is made to the HD.

If you connect both hard-disks to your computer (don't forget they are both set to SLAVE if used in the ps2, so set them accordingly or you will even get them erased). Then use the fantastic piece of software called winhiip (it's free, use google). there is an option to copy from PS2 HD to PS2 HD , then you will discover all the other possibilities (PC DVD to PS2 HD, iso images from PS2 to PC, from PC to PS2 etc..) have fun !!

Silvio6

PS: check first if your 300gb hd is compatible, put it in your ps2, format it with hdadvance (1 or 2) and copy a game to it with the Convert option of HDadvance. and see if hdadvance says you have more than 250Gb free ..

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  4. wassupjk

wassupjk Member

Great, thanks alot.