1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering Saved Games

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by GHOST686, Aug 21, 2007.

1. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

So lets say I was playing a game on my psp that was a 2.71 and I saved the game then I made a back up of all the files that was on my psp and well in the end I upgraded my psp to a 3.40oe-a and now I try putting the saved files back onto the psp and continue the game I was playing but it wont work. The game works but the psp has no memory of the game. Even though I took the files out of "SAVEDDATA" (or whatever that folder's name is I forget) and put it in the same spot on my psp that is a 3.40 and then I go to my psp and look to see if I can see the saved data but its not there. But here is the funny thing I put the same files on another psp and the boom there you have it, I have all of my saved games on there.

Any thoughts?/answers?

2. foxrider

foxrider Guest

x:psp/savedata/the folder

did you take that folder out or did you take the files in the folder out?

3. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

inside the folde called SAVED DATA there was other folder that names started off with U then something else, i cant remember off of the top of my head (i'm at work) but i took the folders that was inside of the SAVED DATA folder and coped them to the mem. stick and it would show on the computer that the files are on the mem. stick but not when i look at the mem. stick on the psp. i did the same thing with a different psp and it worked fine...... hummm.. gay

4. foxrider

foxrider Guest

Idk what to say thats wierd... maybe you could put the files on the other psp and transfer them directly like go to the saved game data on you psp then press triangle and hit copy and go through the steps this might work.

5. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Try reformatting the memory stick, that should work.

6. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

Try reformatting the memory stick, that should work.

thats what i did,reformat the memory stick and connect usb and put the game saves back in.

7. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

I could try again. Cause after I updated to 3.40 I reformatted my mem. Stick. Then I backed up all of my files onto my desktop. I can try to reformat my mem. Sick again but I don’t know if that will make a difference. Cause like I said before I can put the files on a different psp and they work. And don’t get me wrong when I put the files on the 3.40 I can see them on the computer but not when I am go into the computer. I am not stupid or anything but just incase all saved games go into the SAVED DATA folder right?

8. shanemb

shanemb Regular member

I am not stupid or anything but just incase all saved games go into the SAVED DATA folder right?

yes that's right.

9. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

what the duce!!!!

10. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Is it just one game or all games? Some games will not allow you to transfer save files from another psp. So during your cfw flashing business, it may have some how altered the PSP ID, and the game will refuse to recognize it. Example, DJ Max Portable 2.

11. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

hummm.... i see what your talking about. really there is not much to do but face the fact or play arounded with it later. but really i dont care that much.