1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfering videos problem

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by movieman6, Feb 9, 2007.

1. movieman6

movieman6 Guest

I have a problem that when i'm trying to put videos on my psp it comes up and says I/O failure is there anyway to get around this

2. attias6

attias6 Guest

1) What video format are you using?
    2) Do you have a memory stick?

Answer those questions and I can help you with anything concerning videos! :)

Aviv

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  3. nixster

nixster Guest

I am having similar problems, I have created a new thread called:

'Problems playing mp4 on psp 'Corrupted Data' message'

I am trying to simply copy a collection of pre-encoded MPEG4 movies to my PSP, I have 3 DVD's worth of movies so I can't see how all of them are corrupted, actually I know they are not because my brother has a PSP and these films are fine on his.

Basically this is what I do:

1. Connect PSP to PC
    2. Load disc with MPEG4 films on, I play them first to make sure they work, they are fine on PC.
    3. Copy both MPEG4 and thm files into the folder called '100MNV01' within folder called 'mp_root'.
    4. Go to movies section on PSP to load up transfered film, 'Corrupted Data' appears.

I have gone through this process with about 10 MPEG4 files, they all do the same thing. I have also used ImTOO DVD to PSP software copying a DVD to MPEG4 just in case there is a problem with the collection that I have, but this latest conversion is also throwing up this error. I have recently just upgraded my PSP to version 3.11 but I am still getting these error messages, the MPEG4 files play fine on the PC.