1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Audio from PC to HiFi ???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MistaDef, Jan 2, 2005.

1. MistaDef

MistaDef Member

Hi, could really use some help - I have been trying to connect my stereo (Sony CMT-CP505MD)to my PC (Compaq Presario) using the Sony CAV-U5 USB digital converter so i can put my mp3s/music onto MiniDisc. Apparently Windows XP is supposed to detect it when connected but this just isn't happening - I have tried the "Add Hardware Wizard" to no avail. I was wondering if someone out there can tell me how I can try and find it myself manually, or if the USB digital converter is just knackered, or what I'm doing wrong?!!

Cheers for any help anyone can offer.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

your USB device didn't come with any drivers? Have you tried visiting their website to see if they have any for download?

3. MistaDef

MistaDef Member

Nah man literally just came in a box with the HiFi, I checked a few sites where ppls had said the converter was recognised by Windows when the Hifi was turned on - as I said doesn't seem to happen when I do it on mine! No manual on the Sony website either - doesn't really get a mention. Think cud just be broke - guess I'll end up having to get a MP3 player, cheers for the help though!

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

if the usb doesnt work, couldn't you just use the audio out from the PC and go to the analog in on the minidisc? I guess if you have a lot to transfer it would be a pain in the ass cause its realtime, but just a thought. good luck.