1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transferring between xbox's

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MRSIRCOOK, Mar 17, 2005.

1. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

what would i have to do to transfer stuff between two xboxes, im trading mine for some one else, but he has some stuff on it he doen't wanna loose, is there a way i can transfer the stuff simple and easy between the both

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if they're both modded the easiest way is to use the avalaunch or unleashed dashboard cause they have filemanagers that can ftp.

3. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

so shouldi just link the both of them together...and run what?

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if you do run one of the dashes I talked about,then just ftp to the other box through either two cat5 cables and a hub/router or just use a crosswire cable and link dirrectly to the other xbox. Then go into your file manager and set up a new connection with the settings for the other box. The ip and the port(21) and all that jazz.Then you shoulc be able to connect to the other xbox and transfer files back and forth. If you have any more questions,there shold be a tutorial either at the xbox-scene.com site or go right to the unleashed or avalaunch site.

5. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

this whole thing isn't working for me, cause i dont know what type of chip i hAVE, and i dont wanna flash it with something and f)(*&^% up my xbox, this is now my second guess, can i take out the xbox HD, then put it ion my comp, remove the files i need and then put it back in, all i wanna do is move these game saves to another xbox...holla back

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

ahhhhh,see you didn't say anything about gamesaves. Just get the gamesave manager and then you can connect to your xbox and ftp the gamesaves to your pc.