1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Explorer 8000HD DVR to DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by JFrame19, Feb 24, 2007.

1. JFrame19

JFrame19 Member

Hello I am trying to record some DVR recordings to DVD. I am trying to transfer using a Scientific America Explorer 8000HD DVR from Time Warner Cable to a Toshiba D-RW2 DVD Recorder. Can I get some help on how I would hook this up? I don't necessaraly need to record in HD, but someone I talked to thought I might need to use HDMI, just because the DVR is HD. Can some please help me!

Thanks!
    Jason

2. ccguy3

ccguy3 Member

I have this model cable DVR and I don't think you can use the HDMI out unless you are playing the recorded item, which would then be the only thing you can watch at that time on the cable box and then only if you configure your DVD recorder tpass the signal through to the TV. You have to use RCA Video and L/R Audio outs specified as "to VCR" and choose the option to record to VCR. You can then watch another channel. Hi-Def is not possible this way and it is by design for reasons of licensing restrictions on HD content. Not that that's an issue as your DVD cannot record in HD, only upscale to play. There are currently no standalone HD DVD recorders on the market.