1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring files using WiFi?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kikzm33z, Nov 8, 2007.

1. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Title says it all.

Is it possible?

I've searched and searched and I have no luck...Help please :(

2. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

it is possible but very difficult, you'll have to fix yourself up with some FTP program for the PSP. PSPWiFile should do it, although, the concept is only in beta stages currently. wait a little while ^_^

3. guano

guano Regular member

You can also do this by using IRShell by Ahman. However, you must have TWO psps to do this. What the IRShell option offers: Transfer any file of any size to any psp that also has IRShell running.

4. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

Sorry, i misunderstood what you were asking, i thought you ment transferring files from PC to PSP... guano is absolutely correct, however whoever you wanted to transfer the files to/from would also have to have the IRShell.. if they dont they'd be no need to transfer over Wireless..

5. guano

guano Regular member

I wonder if you can transfer from IRShell (PSP) to a pc? I'll bet you would need usbfs.prx or w/e it is to do that.

6. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

I meant if it's possible for transferring files from a PC to the PSP... But transferring files from a PSP to another PSP is a good question too... BTW, I just hate iRShell because I couldn't get my ISO to work... :(

7. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

well that's understandable, personally i hate iRShell too, it's just another obstacle to tackle before you reach your games ^_^

there is a form of transferring files from PC to PSP, but it'll take a little while to set up. And it's only in BETA stages currently.

here's a link on the best Wifi transferrer.... but you'll need to get yourself an FTP Program, to allow files to traffic between the PSP and the PC..

FTP Server For PSP

8. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Thanks so much Mono, but it seems to complicated for me... I'll try it when I have some time. Thanks :)

9. guano

guano Regular member

If you can get it working, I'm sure it'll be worth it. There are also ways to play isos via wifi, provided you have the right set up. That means, you don't need huge memsticks to play all the games out now.

10. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

hmmm guano have you tested it? i've tried forms of that, and it would appear that it's in ALPHA XD

USBHOST seems to do the trick... the wifi iso streamer works with SUPREME lagg XD

you seem to be up in a lot of these psp forums guano, interesting seeing what you know =p