1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring from PC to PS2 HDD, help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mirth, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Mirth

Mirth Member

Hey all. I just got my 120 Maxtor, HD Advance, Swap Magic and Slide Tool the other day, so I'm very new at this, so please bear with my stupidty on the subject.

I want to transfer my downloaded Spiderman 2 from my PC to my PS2's HDD. (I'm aware that downloading games you don't have is illegal, but I chose to try Spiderman 2 because I do in fact own it.)

I've been reccommended to use HDL Dump, but whenever I open it, it greys out the part that says something like "Locally Networked PS2" or whatever. I am networked correctly.

I know there is a process in which I have to send a file to my PS2 (by memory card?) that will make my PC detect that the PS2's networked, or something of that sort. I may be wrong, but this is what I heard (but there weren't any details on how to do so.)

So if any of you know what steps I should take to do this next, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

2. Mirth

Mirth Member

Anyone? =(

3. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

I believe that HDLDump requires you to make a disc for the PS2 so your PC can communicate with it across the network. You could put the harddrive in your PC and use WinHIIP to transfer the file locally. Just put the harddrive back in your PS2 when you have finished.

4. Mirth

Mirth Member

Do you know what kind of disc I'd have to make, and what files to put on that disc?

I also just put the Harddrive in my PC to try it that way, and it worked pretty easily, although getting to my computer and opening it up is a giant mess, so I'd like to see how that PC - PS2 transfer worked. It'd svave me a LOT of trouble, and keep me from messing up my computer or harddrive. =)

5. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

Try WinHIIP. To me its an easier program to use. Also, You have to format the hard drive with hd advance first before the programs can recognize it.

6. Mirth

Mirth Member

Yeah, I already formatted it for the PS2. Does that WINHIIP program transfer from PC to PS2? That's what I'm mostly looking for instructions on because I already know how to get images on the harddrive when I put it in my PC.

7. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

I dont get what you are trying to do. If you can send images to the hard drive via pc, what are you trying to do?

8. Mirth

Mirth Member

Erm...

Like, you know how you can put in the PS2 harddrive in your PC, and then put the image onto the that PS2 harddrive from the PC? Well, that requires you to take your PS2 HDD out of your PS2, open your computer, hook up the PS2 HDD to your computer, dump the image onto the HDD, take out the PS2 HDD and put it back in your PS2.

The way I'M talking about is having the PS2 HDD in the PS2, and if you're NETWORKED with your PS2 with your PC, you can transfer the game image from your PC STRAIGHT to your PS2's HDD, which is in the PS2 still. It keeps you from ever having to open up your computer, or even taking out the PS2 HDD from your PS2.

Now, what I'm confused on is how to get HDL Dumb to recognize the network from your PS2 to PC. As "notmyname" said, I guess you have to burn a special disc and put it in your PS2 so that your PC can recognize the network. To do this, I don't know what program to burn and what comes after that. =(

9. Mirth

Mirth Member

Bump? =(

10. mjay23

mjay23 Guest

Yes it does excist :) and it works install an image/games direct on your PS2 HDD from your PC using network. By doing that procedure you need the ELF triggered from MC exploit or you can make the cd for and boot it on your PS2. i have the image for it if you want it, just drop a line.

11. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

Can I get it too? Thanks, and do you boot it with swap magic cd? Heres my email-

noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  12. Mirth

Mirth Member

I PMed ya mjay!

13. DPB

DPB Member

Is Elf 3.11 what you are talking about? If not can you send me it also?

noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

Edit: Yea if you could send me the image also that would be great.

Edit2: You must just be talking about a ps2 ftp program right?

14. sixways

sixways Member

if you could stand sending it to someone else, i would greatly apreciate it. email: noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

thank you

15. mjay23

mjay23 Guest

I PMed ya mjay! <<< i'll log back on tonight when i get back home.

Is Elf 3.11 what you are talking about? <<< an ELF (an .exe for PS2 to trigger network adapter, to link your PS2 to your PC or network)

Edit2: You must just be talking about a ps2 ftp program right? <<< yes, so you don't have to remove your HDD from your PS2, and attach to your HDD to your pc and Dump :) instead the original question from MIRTH is much better and simplier no taking things apart like removing HD and attatch to your PC, too much work.

16. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

If its not any trouble, can you tell me how this works? You set up your ps2 adapter with the installation cd, then you just connect the adapter to a line? Is that it? I have a cable modem and a router so I dont get which line to hook up to the adapter.

17. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

I PMed you too, mjay, at least I think I did. :) (I tried) If it's not any bother, would you mind sending the image to me as well. noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

18. navi95

navi95 Regular member

have any of you managed to do it?

I am just tryin it out now n if u lot dont know how 2 do it I can give ya an explanation.

19. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

an explanation would be nice

20. navi95

navi95 Regular member

im kinda a busy @ the mo, i will post a little guide later on 2day.

navi95