1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transferring games from one xbox to another

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by MIchad, Dec 26, 2004.

1. MIchad

MIchad Guest

I have several games on one xbox hdd, that I want to transfer to another xbox hdd. I have used flashfxp and transfered them to my pc hdd, when I transfer them to the 2nd xbox(via flashfxp), they appear in the flashfxp window(on the pc), but I can't find them in the xbox(in the PxHDDLoader or under games loaded on hdd), they are in the same folder as all the other games. How can I get them to boot & name them so they will be accessible?
    thanks!!!!

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Did you put them in the F:\Games folder?

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

The loader could have put them in a sub directory like F:\Games\"unknown folder"\game name

Also I have come across some DL games that didn't want to boot or show up,so what I did is access the games folder with a file manager from either avalaunch or unleashedX and just boot the default.xbe file localy that way. Then it will create a gamesave and should be recognized the next time you reboot. It will be named 'unknown xbox game" but it should boot.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  4. MIchad

MIchad Guest

Thanks for the help, I never changed the file name, and I found the files in another PxGame4 file(hey, that's why it says MIchad(NEWBIE)), once I sorted them out and rebooted, it recognized the game and name. Have either of you or anyone that reads this ever transfered files from xbox to xbox via crossover cable(with the ftp utilities slayers or the xenium o.s. offers?)
    thanks again!