1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring PSN accounts for more than 1 PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by JaguarGod, Jul 24, 2007.

1. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I just bought another ps3 and I want to transfer/copy/move a playstation network account from the first one to the second one. Anyone know how to do it? One account is mine and the other is my brothers. They are both master accounts.

2. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

try making a backup onto an external hdd. then load it on the pother ps3. delete the account that you dont want on the new ps3.

3. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

How do I go about making a backup and how big would it be, because I do not have an external HDD. The biggest thing I have is a 2GB Flash stick. Could I use the second PS3 as an external HDD somehow?

4. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

hmm.. size will only be the amount of info stored on your ps3. if you have music, movies, or pics, they will be backed up. remove them it they restrict you. a backup is made by going to settings, then to system settings, and finally selecting backup utility. do what it tells you. then install that backup on the other system in backup untility and it should work. if not, whats so bad about making a new account. is there more to accounts than i know? please let me know.

5. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I have absolutely nothing on that account, so it shouldn't be too big. I guess the important thing is to maintain the rankings for online. I guess a name change is not a big deal. If it doesn't work that's what I'll end up doing. I forgot my PSN password and e-mail password anyways...

Thanks for all the help you gave me. I greatly appreciate it!!!

6. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

you are welcome. i hope you didnt buy anything with that account. if you did just call up sony.