1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformers 2 - Revenge Of The Fallen

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Oct 7, 2009.

1. mrpat67

mrpat67 Regular member

I put the dvd in my player and see which title plays

2. fishwiz45

fishwiz45 Member

ripped to hard drive with anydvd 6.6.0.5 beta-compressed with shrink-burned with dvd decyptor... i know oldschool right?? haha! it worked and i'm happy! hope maybe this helps someone!!

3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Here's old school for ya

From 1bonehead

You have found a newer movie that shrink cannot handle.Soooooo

1) decrypt to HDD with dvdfab HD (free version) Or use paid for version
    2) process files (all) with fixvts
    3) shrink files with dvd shrink, output as iso/image to HDD
    4) burn iso/image file with IMgburn

all programs are free

Imgburn, free from
    http://www.imgburn.com

fixvts, free from
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_...ools/fixvts.cfm

dvdfabHD free from
    http://www.dvdfab.com

dvd shrink 3.2.0.15

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

and a guide to use all the programs

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/494836

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

and DVD X Copy would be older school iluvendo lol, it might work using anydvd

5. porterc76

porterc76 Guest

i have it backed up from the original with no issue please message me if u want me to send you the files or what not there is a small 5.00 fee but if u have paypal u wont have a problem.

edit by moderator- ignore this character, he seems to have overlooked the fact that we provide FREE help to our members.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  6. Romanay

Romanay Member

I managed to copy it just fine using dvdfab 6.2.0.5
    just make sure the writing speed is on 1.0x

7. FredBun

FredBun Active member

edit by moderator- ignore this character, he seems to have overlooked the fact that we provide FREE help to our members.

Man Either stupid or Big Balls not even to mention greedy.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

That's just BAD advice about burning a blank at X1. You should probably burn at half the rated speed of your media. Usually 8X with media today. With the newer Burners X12 and X16 are ok also, as long as you break in the burner and let it learn the media.

9. raist3001

raist3001 Member

I just wanted to join and share what worked for me to get a full disk perfect copy with all menu's for a DL disc. If this has already been discussed, I apologize.

I updated my anydvd to 6.6.07
    I updated my DVDfab to 6.2.0.5

I launched DVDfab and ignored the message that instructed me to disable anydvd. I left anydvd enabled.

anydvd read the disc just fine as did DVDfab.

I chose DVD9 as the output and chose full disc copy.

After 30 minutes, I had a perfect back up of Transformers 2. I watched the entire DVD and not one skip or pixel.

Hope this may help

10. fwupow

fwupow Member

Here's The Secret for ripping Transformers2-RotF with the venerable DVD Decrypter:

This guide is geared toward creating a single stand-alone movie file, not a backup copy of a DVD.

Play movie in any normal software DVD player which will tell you the run time duration of the movie.
    I use VLC Media Player and Media Info function from the drop-down menu.

Actual run time is 02:29:47

Open DVD Decrypter

From Mode Menu, Set Mode to IFO

There are numerous fake VTS and PGC's on the DVD.
    Find the PGC which is 02:29:47 long and has the largest file size which is shown in the bottom right hand corner of DVD Decrypter.

The real VTS is #8 and the real PGC is #7

Select Chapter1 and Uncheck unplayable cells numbers 1 thru 6
    NOTE: With any DVD, cells smaller than 100KB are almost certain to be bogus but some larger cells may also be unplayable.
    Unplayable cells may be located in other chapters but often in Chapter 1.

You may create a single 5.79 GB mpeg2 file by going to the TOOLS/settings.../IFO Mode tab and setting "File Splitting:" to "None"

Now enable "Stream Processing" by clicking on the Stream Processing tab and checking the "Enable Stream Processing" check box.
    Check the boxes for each stream you want to rip.
    Highlight each Stream and check the "Demux" option below the scroll-box.

Normally, you'll just want the first two streams in the list--Video 720x480 (NTSC)/16:9 and Audio-AC3/6ch/English

Select your destination folder and start the rip.

The output will be an Mpeg2 file and a separate AC3 file, which you can then transcode and re-multiplex the Video and Audio back together using software like Virtual Dub with Mpeg2 plugin, DivX Author etc.

11. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

to fwupow:
    Try the easy way !

DVDFab 6.2.2.0 > Path Player On > Full Disc.

......then on Shrink: if you like; you can select Movie Only (Title Angle # 47) wich it gove to you automaticly.

http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFab6220Beta.exe

Good Luck and Happy Burnning !

12. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

Before you put your Original DVD Movie into your PC. Insert the Movie Inside your DVD Player and Hit Display on your DVD Player Remote Control.....the Info will be on your TV Set as: 47 (99)....meanning Title Angle 47 is Playing right now out of 99 fakes.

Good Luck !

13. fwupow

fwupow Member

Yes, Everybody always tells me this, but I have tried DVDFab (Free Version) and the output files are almost always corrupt. I can't find anyway to control how the output VOB files are split and they have glitches (seem to be timecode related) which are too much trouble to fix.

Both DVD Fab and Shrink are apps designed for the DVD Copyist/Duplicator and that's not what I do. I want Stand-alone video files which I convert into DivX Ultra and play from Hard-Disk thru my Philips DVD Player with USB input. I haven't gone Hi-Def yet and probably won't. It's really only useful for Home Theater. If you live in small apartment with <46" TV, Hi-Def won't do much for you.

I like DVD Decrypter because it lets you get at the guts of the source DVD files and customize before you start ripping.

14. fwupow

fwupow Member

Update:
    I've been using DVDFab 6.0.4.0 and apparently the default setting was "Pathplayer enabled if necessary".

I didn't even know how to get to the "Customize" screen. You have to right-click on the process option in the left pane! How non-intuitive! How not to design an app!

I now have Pathplayer set to "always enabled" and I'm gonna see if that corrects problems. If so, I should be able to load the VOB files into DivX Author and have no playback errors.

NOPE. Still crap. Tried it with Transformers-1 DVD and output VOB file #3 is corrupt. Windows Vista won't show a preview thumbnail for it and that's enough to know it's crap already.

UPDATE AGAIN:
    Installed latest beta release of DVDFab 6.2.2.2 and output VOB file #3 is still crap.

My guess is that DVDFab is unable to remove the layer break properly so the VOB file containing the layer break can't be opened or read by Windows Vista or the software that I'm using.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Must be something at your end, have you read all the success stories in this thread ?

16. fwupow

fwupow Member

Ok, it may not be the layer break. It appears to be the Vob ID.

VOB ID's sometimes change within a single VOB file. I think that the VOB ID change is often at the Layer Break.

I believe that DVD-Fab copies file for file from the DVD and only strips the copy protection. So if the Main Movie consists of seven .99GB VOB files on the source disk, the output will be seven .99GB Vob files as well.

I just used VobEdit-v0.6 and demuxed all streams with splitting at VobID and was able to load the resulting *.m2v and *.AC3 files into DivX Author without a problem, but this adds an additional step compared to DVD-Decrypter which will allow you to split your output files any way you like and demux the streams any way you like, all included in ONE step while ripping.

If and when DVDFab can provide the same level of processing options, it may become my primary ripping choice, but for now, it's mostly just a curiosity for me. Somebody really ought to release an app that rips a DVD and outputs seamless, breakless, error free demuxed streams with the option to remux selected streams into a single mpeg2 video file. You lose multiple angle support but who actually uses that anyway?

Again, YES, folks are having all kinds of success with DVD-Fab, but they aren't trying to produce Stand-alone video files as I am. When I'm done, I have a DivX Ultra file called "Transformers_2.divx". Most people consider this a "computer file" but my Philips DVD players, play these files from USB Thumb/Hard-drives or SD memory card.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I agree with creaky this is an easy back-up. AnyDVD and Nerorecode had no trouble with it day it came out. I'm sure they've got the latest edition of Fab correct also after this late date.

18. mumzee

mumzee Regular member

Have you tried AnyDVD? It has a free trial and it's great!! I use anydvd, dvdshrink, then imgburn and I don't have any problems... when you download anydvd make sure to save it first to your desktop and then run it.....the fox will be in your task bar by the clock, and when you put the movie in it will say it's scanning, then when done right click on fox head by clock and click on ripdvd to harddrive, when it's done take movie out, then click on dvdshrink,click on files and click on movie title then when it's done on the right hand side you will see all the languages and everything, uncheck everything but the one on the top and then click on back up and run as iso, let it do it's thing, then when done you have to right click on fox head and unable anydvd and then click on imgburn click on write file image to disk and when it opens on the left side you will see a small file click on it and open your movie then burn.......I use to use DVDFAB til one of my AD buddies told me about anydvd and after the trial I bought the program and am very happy........so give that a try and I'm sure you will be fine :)

19. Disked

Disked Member

Long way back down the track.....................But this movie backed-up fine with both FAB PLAT.4&5 using the info on #82.

FAB 4 total copy & burn time 50 mins with note on main page stating 96 unreadable sectors was skipped.
    FAB 5 total copy & burn time 59 mins with no note!

Title 81 AUS