1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformers 2 - Revenge Of The Fallen

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Oct 7, 2009.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

'fraid you're the one who's not reading.. it would appear that there's a newer protection in this movie that needs the latest AnyDVD beta. And as i'm now fed up of saying, when we have some comments re DVDFab we'll have a better picture of what's going on (it could be that we find out that DVDFab needs an update, or maybe not). You do realise that you need AnyDVD or DVDFab to rip modern movies, right ?.. ie if you don't use one of those two programs then you won't be ripping this movie at all..

(I can only go by what i've read so far as I won't get this movie 'til the end of next month. I'm sure there's an echo in here)..

edit- it looks like we might be waiting for a DVDFab update after all ~ http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/transformers-back-up-copy-302203/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

datboytaz:

You think that your problem is "unique" 'cos maybe your problem is other and I also agree to start your own thread about Vob Blanker if you feel that this is your headache.

Even if you have 57GB Space left on your Hard Drive. I recoment you "Movie Only" before 'cos maybe you are trying to back up the "Full Disk" and since you maybe do not have enought space on your Temporal Memory access or RAM for you "Big-File" to be process that could be your problem:

How Old is your PC ?
    Are you have a minimun of 1GB of Ram ?

Today PC are coming with +3GB of RAM, the more RAM the faster your computer will respond, but also RAM act as Temporal Memory too if I am not wrong. Tha's why People recomend to "do not multy-task" when you are backing up a DVD.

Since Most of the Movies Today are coming on Dobble Layer Disk and the "Movie Only" are around 5GB to 5.5GB and Video takes a lot of space inside your PC. "Yes" alot of people will gonna start to have problems like your's.

I hope this may help you.
    If I am wrong, anybody is welcome to correct me !
    thx.

4. creaky

His problem is only unique if he knows a way to rip this movie without either AnyDVD or DVDFab. Here's the clue ~

A DVD that tries to fool people into thinking it's 84GB, a classic case of copy protection.

I feel like i'm in the Twilight Zone. I've posted links to the relevant posts in this thread and we're still going round in circles. We can see that this movie seems to need the latest Beta of AnyDVD and i've already posted a link re DVDFab from the CDFreaks site.
    So... datboytaz - Can we please start actually reading the previous replies now ?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  5. aqr2012

aqr2012 Member

ok i use AnyDVD 6.5.9.4 Beta and CloneDVD and it works

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

From talking with James of the Slysoft development team AnyDVD 6.5.9.4 will handle this title. Though from what i've read it still requires some work to get it to fit on an SL dvd.

Other research (as linked by Creaky) shows that DvdFab is most likely going to need an update as well to fix this one.

Typically, i'm able to get my copies early. I have not been able to get this one early, so i'll have to wait until Tuesday to get a hold of it and get it backed up. I assure all here that as soon as i'm able to work through it, (with both, but focusing on DvdFab) i will. I've already been talking to Fengtao (dvdFab) and he's managed to get some R1 IFO's already and is working on an update. But, as we've found there is always more than one way to de-fur a feline. :)

7. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

Thx for your reply creaky.

I will post how I will get this Movie done this coming Tuesday when will be on-sale and rent here in USA. I will Tray DVDFab also.

8. creaky

I just noticed upon re-reading my last reply that my reply may have seemed to have been implying for you to start reading mine and other peoples' replies, that wasn't the case, have edited accordingly.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  9. datboytaz

datboytaz Member

ok sorry for all the confusion & thanks for trying to help out. I'll wait for the anydvd update & try to read back thru this so can get vob blanker to work. how do I make it do 'movie ony" on vob?

10. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

What I want to know about is all the bloody speak of using VobBlanker to rip the disk, without some sort of decryption program running in the background, as it is not a ripping program but an editing program. Perhaps I have missed the boat here and am voicing my ignorance, but I believe that is a bunch of nonsense.

11. greayagh

greayagh Member

Totally agree with you my friend, it doesn't make sense, I gonna try tomorrow to back up this one (either using dvdfab or anydvd and I gonna post my results)

12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

As per normal, you're right on Ferguj. VobBlanker is not going to achieve anything until the movie is successfully ripped.

I noticed this as well and have simply chosen to ignore it as i don't feel like beginning an argument. :p

I will pick this one up today, and hopefully have a success story to share this evening when i get it backed up.

13. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I updated anydvd to 6.5.9.5. of course I'm a registered customer so don't know if you can get if your not, but anyway I used a DL disc and it worked just fine, GO SLYSOFT

14. t_starks7

t_starks7 Member

I was able to back up using Anydvd ripper then using dvd shrink and removing the French audio and it backed up fine

15. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

6.5.9.5 is an "official" release, so available to everyone (trial & registered)...

and I'm with you... GO SLYSOFT!!!

16. ajejram

ajejram Member

I was able to back up with no problems i used clone dvd with any dvd running in backgroung, both have the latest updates

17. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Nice to see some success stories coming in.

Looks like anyDVD has it handled nicely so i'll focus on seeing what can be done with the latest DvdFab (updated today) though there was no mention of a fix for this film.

18. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

7thsinger looks like Fengtao is still waiting on disc no update yet..just from what I've been able to gather.

19. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

If you would like a work around using Dvdfab latest offical release 6.0.7.0 you can try disabling the pathplayer and copy title 47 under main movie, many have posted that this works.

20. mjht

mjht Member

Question I use ripit 4 me and shrink and it has worked on most of my backups. When I first tried it backed it up but the scence were all out of order. I now know that title 47 is the one that works, but When I try to backup my copy (movie only)with ripit. Title 47 does not appears in the drop down menu of titles. Just wondering why title 47 wound not show up? There is titles 1-94 with a few missing inbetween but no 47
    Thanks for any ideas

21. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

Mjht down load and try dvdfab...or even slysoft anydvd it has a 21day trial period.