1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translating movie audio to english

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by astep9485, Feb 23, 2007.

1. astep9485

astep9485 Member

Is there a way to translate the audio protion of a movie into English. I've downloaded Fearless but cant find an English version, so I was hoping to convert this one.

2. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

There isn't an English dubbed version of Fearless. You can only watch it with English subtitles, so search for those.

3. astep9485

astep9485 Member

Thanks for the reply

4. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

No problem :)

5. mglez86

mglez86 Guest

if i decide to make my own audio for a movie, how would i make the dvd accept it as an option, like give the optino of spanish in the menu or something like that? cause i hate the spanish audio, it is always made in spain, so i want to start a team that translates movies to have spanish audio without the european accent, i don't want to make anyone feel bad, but i live in Mexico, and people around here are not happy with the audio in movies, sometimes we can't even understand what they say, it is not a problem for me cause i just set it to english and the problem is gone, but i would like to feel like i do something useful x_x

6. Suba

Suba Regular member

You better check on legality of this if you want to sell it, since only way to do it is to reauthor DVD (copy, install new track and burn DVD).
    There are softwares to do what you want, but being in Mexico and having trade agreements with US, you may run into legal problems very quickly.

7. ferrios

ferrios Member

YES, i have always wanted to translate movies from English to Spanish!! Because they do a horrible job at it!! I understand that a U.S. native can have a masters in Spanish but until he or she lives in a Spanish speaking country he or she will never be able to translate like one who was born speaking Spanish, which is why they should hire new translators!!! If anyone wants to contact me please email me about this issue at [removed] or [removed] thanks, Gracias!!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

ferrios,

Posting email addies isn't allowed --> forum rules.