1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transparent antialias in subtitles?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by shokkie, Mar 30, 2007.

1. shokkie

shokkie Member

I never really paid much attention to it, but it's kind of irritating.

After setting up the .sup with subremap and correcting the colors in the IFO to avoid green subtitles, the final product always has the text in the proper color (I use white or yellow) and the outline (black), but the antialias is always transparent. I tried playing around with subremap to match the antialias with other colors, but no matter what I chose in the DVD it's always transparent.

It's not a big problem since the subtitles are fine otherwise and you can read them and all, but anyway... anyone has an idea how to fix that?

Also, changing the antialias and outline size in subremap doesn't seem to affect anything either

Thanks

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

3. shokkie

shokkie Member

Hey, thanks for the reply

I tried that but even within the program, no matter which color I select for the antialias, it will always be transparent regarless of the opacity I set. It always leaves some kind of transparent line between the text and the outline for some reason...

4. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

Did you try both of the methods in the guide? 1- Remapping the colors in the CLUT to the subpics and 2- replacing the colors in the CLUT ?

If I still couldn't get the anti-alias color right after that then I think I would back up to my srt file and create a new .sup file. The subtitle colors are partly in the .sup file, partly in the .IFO and partly in the .VOB. So, start at the beginning...

Use txt2sup and load your srt file, check "I don't have an ifo file" then "load srt sub". Set your anti-alias color then generate a new .sup file. 15 seconds or so to do that.

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareTxt2Sup.html

So now you have a .sup file with an anti-alias color set to something other than transparent. Then author a new set of DVD files with that .sup file.

Next I would open the newly created IFO file with IFOEdit. Select VTS_PGCITI, select VTS_PGC_1, in the bottom window scroll down until you see the color entries. The anti-alias entry would be "Color 3". Edit in the value "FF 80 80" for that entry.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2460/ifocolors2uh.png

Preview the DVD in DVDSubedit and tweak the colors if necessary. e1 controls the anti-alias color. The anti-alias color in your subs shouldn't be transparent after all those steps.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  5. shokkie

shokkie Member

Thanks for the help

It worked with the sup made by txt2sup. For some reason, those made by SubtitleCreator and srt2sup always gave the transparent antialiases.

I don't really understand why, but whatever, from now on I'm using that new proggie :)