1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transponder Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by pswift, Sep 25, 2007.

1. pswift

pswift Member

Since Friday afternoon the channels being broadcast via six transponders on my Eurovox Max V 2008 has been pixelated and stuttery to the point of being unwatchable. The effected transponders are : 131.000Mhz, 531.000Mhz, 539.000Mhz, 571.000Mhz, 579.000Mhz & 587.000Mhz.

I have tried changing the frequency up and down by 0.25Mhz increments and manual scanning, I have tried performing an autoscan and I have tried clearing channel history and performing a full powerscan to no avail. The transponders did come back on their own on Sunday for about ten hours before becoming unwatchable again. The channels broadcast on these channels can be viewed via the VM box perfectly.

I cannot get a proper reading for the signal level or quality as they are showing 8% for both on every channel including the ones that are working perfectly. I am unsure what to do about this, is anybody else having a similar problem in the Birmingham area or is it a problem with my box? Can anybody think of something else I could try to fix this problem?

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried a booster?

3. pswift

pswift Member

I haven't tried one yet because these channels all worked up until Friday afternoon so their wasn't a problem with the signal before. The signal level and quality is showing up as 8% for all channels including the ones that work so I am assuming the bit that evaluates the signal is broken as surely 8% wouldn't get you a good picture. I will try a booster to see if that works.

4. pswift

pswift Member

BTW the signal quality and level used fluxuate between 77% and 81% on all channels before Friday so I'm not sure why they all show 8% now.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If they, (VM) are working on shuffling around channels it may be causing you a problem. The subbed box you have is less prone to this effect as it probably has an equaliser attached. Check here to see if there is any work been carried out in you area
    http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do and if so it may settle of its owm accord.

I would recommend you get an attenuated booster with slope control if it doesnt. BTW I have seen you post this elsewhere say thanks to Satsmo :)