1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tray won't eject with fliptop installed...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by 40ozKing, Mar 12, 2005.

1. 40ozKing

40ozKing Member

just bought the fliptop\swap disc combo, and with the fliptop installed the tray wont eject. i took it apart and made sure it wasn't catching on anything, and reassembled it, and again it did the same thing. did this 3 times and it still won't eject, and i can't see anywhere it would be catching on something....

anyone else have this problem?

2. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

y do you want it to eject? the top flips up to allow you to put in the disks

3. 40ozKing

40ozKing Member

well thats obvious, but it would be nice if it ejects also...

4. Rickerman

Rickerman Guest

Untighten the screws a little.

Same happened to me, the flip top was swueezing the DVD tray so that it wouldn't open.

Just unscrew all the screws and then screw them in one at a time, checking after each one that the tray will open.

Good Luck :D

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Also ,make sure the little ribbon cable on the right side of the drive did not come loose while you were messing around in there, mine did and i had to hook it back up before the eject would work. It is a very small short ribbon and just slides in a slot with nothing real firm holding it in so it is easy to knock it loose or out.

6. keras

keras Regular member

I had the same thing happen to me when I installed a flip top for a friend. It would act like it was caught on something. Check your ribbon to see if it's not in the way. This is what happened in my case