1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trick for backing up the saw full movie?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Mort81, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I know this has probably already been asked and answered but I did a search and couldn't find anything. I'm trying to backup Saw (entire disc) and after I click on play in the movie menu it won't go any further and goes back to the initial menu for my set top dvd player. I have anydvd and ripped it with dvdd. I would like to use RB/CCE to encode but will use an alternative encoder if necessary. I also have dvd shrink and DVDCopy3. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I meant Saw instead of The Saw in the title

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

thats freaky... i thought i have seen about 20 threads on backing up that movie... but search only found this one! :)

try looking for forgotten or resident evil apocalypse as they have the newer systems and im sure you can backup the same way...

anydvd &&
    DVDDec brute force &&
    clone dvd
    (thats how i backed up res evil apoc) biggest bitch i have come accross in terms of backing up yet!

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

babelfish,

I too have backed up The Forgotten and RE 2 full disc (actually edited w/ DVDRemake to remove previews, warning screens, and trailers, leaving a functional menu) but the only way I can make a sucessfull backup of Saw is movie only mode useing DVDCopy3 (I'm sure DVD Shrink movie only mode would work too but I prefer DVDCopy3 as it is a superior encoder).

4. colw

colw Active member

Try downloading the new version of DVD Decrypter - released today - available from this site.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

wow well spotted colw, am looking at the changelog now, looks like a lot o' stuff in there!

cheers

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hmmm.... tried new dvdd. Same problem. Ripped file does the same thing when played back on my pc with WinDVD6 player, stops after I hit play on the dvd menu.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Mort81,

I did this the full movie using Decrypter & Recode 2 ... and I have somewhat the same problem. If I press play in the movie menu it stops, but if I go through scene selection it will play for me.

8. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I just finished watching this movie. If you can't get it to back up, I really don't think you're missing anything.

I thought it sucked.

9. flip218

I liked it ... was different.

10. sadsac

sadsac Guest

It was definitely different. I was just disappointed because of all the hype. Several people told me how great it was. The same people that told me The Grudge was great.

I really didn't like either one of them. I found both to be mildly entertaining. Maybe 2/5 stars.

11. flip218

dude the grudge sucked a big fat d***

12. sadsac

sadsac Guest

That's what I mean. Mildly entertaining. Don't tell me that Chinese girl didn't freak you out.....

LOL

I went ahead and watched the special features. I found it odd that that was actually a real Chinese girl and not a robot. That movie was low budged in terms of special effects because she did her own. Pretty cool actually.

But the movie still sucked.

We've gotten off topic. Sorry, Mort81.

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

No problem. The movie I was disappointed with was "The Village". I got this backed up useing movie only with DVDCopy3. Guess I'll have to settle with that. I would still like to know what causes the problem for full disc. I'm like you flip, I can make it play useing scene selection.

14. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Since we're in the movie reviewing mode, I'm really wanting to watch Ray and The Notebook. Someone told me that they watched these two movies several times because they liked them so much.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes Ray is very good as far as SAW i backed it up using DVD X Copy Platinum with DVD REgion+CSS Free in the background ,along with all the other movies that were hard to copy,this has worked, but if you dont have it i wouldnt buy it.

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Haven't seen Ray but The Notebook is good.

17. swpkigy

swpkigy Member

Hmm, you guys do this so much and I backup Saw first time.

I just used DVD Decryptor then DVD Shrink. I'm not sure what the big deal is, all the menus/special features/etc. worked. I watched it on a portable and on a regular DVD Player. I let my friend borrow it and he watched it with no problems. :?)3