1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tricky question for the Gurus.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dbow, Feb 21, 2007.

1. dbow

dbow Guest

Hello to all, I am new to the forum.
    I have a huge issue that I would like to request some ideas and opinions on. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions of any kind please respond.

I am currently in the middle of a DVD data distribution. I have several machines running windows XP and Sonic Digital media plus 7 to burn dvds. (Consider this as office location 1.) This is where the masters are being burned from Hard drives.

There is a secondary location which is office 2 and this is where the dvds are being tested prior to being distributed.
    DVDs that are burned in location 1 read fine on various different types of PC's in that location 1.

When these DVD are tested on various PC's in location 2 they take an extreme amount of time to install or copy to the hard drives.
    An example would be: A DVD burned in location 1 takes about an hour to install in several different machines in location 1.
    Same DVD will take up to 5 hours to install on various types of PCs in location 2. All are fairly new machines by the way.

In location 2 I can install the DVD burned from location 1 and then burn a new DVD from the Hard Drive and it will go copy back in location one in 30 minutes.

I had location 1 try burning with Nero 6 and in some machines it did speed up the install but in some in location one it wont even recognize the DVD.

I realize this is a mess and there is something that is not right here.
    Any ideas, suggestions etc would be appreciated.
    In my honest opinion I think there are to many variables here but I have never seen this issue with DVDs before.

Again anything would be appreciated.

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I agree with 56delray about checking DMA.

It does not matter if you can afford help or not though. You came to AD and we are glad you did. You will get whatever free help we can give you.

Seems to me that a careful comparison of the computer specifications will probably show a difference. You may simply need to upgrade or repair a few of the machines so they have similar specs as the ones that do work correctly.

You mentioned "various PCs" so I assume that is exactly what you mean... you have a wide variety of computers and the poor saps in "office 2" got the short end of the stick when the computers were distributed.