1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tried everything recommended on the forums and still to no avail. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by DHNT2005, Jul 13, 2007.

1. DHNT2005

DHNT2005 Member

Hey guys, i'm a noob at this Wii burning stuff but I had a problem with burning games. I've wasted 5 dvds thus far! i'm trying to copy and an already backed up copy of Resident Evil 4 and I am having no luck. I followed if not all, most of the recommended techniques on this forum. I tried using Nero 6, Clicked DVD -> copy disc -> burnt at 2x. I guess it read and copied the disc and then I went ahead to stick in a blank media into the drive to copy it. I also tried using IMGBurn to MODE/read MODE/write at 2x and still nothing. What could be wrong?? I'm using my laptop which I got last year, it's a gateway 100gb HD, 1gb RAM, AMD 64 Athlon... so i'ts fairly new. Nero says my DVD drive is called TSSTCorp CD/DVDW TS-L532A. Also i'm using Verbatim DVD-R 16x discs I bought from BestBuy. I've searched thoroughly through the forum but I couldn't find anything... please help!

2. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

all u gotta do is go to ur default burner that came with the PC and goto the "make a backup" or whatever option. thats what i do.

3. DHNT2005

DHNT2005 Member

btw, the copy of RE4 is a working copy (using TDK DVD-R media), and works on my wii. I have WiiFree v. 2.5 and it works perfectly.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do other Verbatim backups work on your Wii?

If they do not work or no backups are on the Verbatim Media then try different media.

I have came across a few threads of people having issues with Verbatim media on their Wii. it is a rare thing but it can be the problem.

5. mv10

mv10 Member

Wait, so your trying to copy an Authentic Copy of the game straight to a copy? You need to rawdump first with the correct LG drive and then burn. Im a noob, as well but ive read you cant copy straight

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@mv10

Read the first post. They said it was a backup copy.

All you need to do with a backup copy is use ImgBurn MODE/READ and then MODE/WRITE

Since the other backup works then it is more then likley a media issue or burner issue.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  7. DHNT2005

DHNT2005 Member

Thanks guys for the replies! I figured out what was wrong. It was my burner, which is kind of unfortunate because my computer is fairly new. Gateway just doesn't use high quality products in their computers then? I tried burning it with IMGBurn using a Dell Laptop which has the NEC burner and it worked fine. Last question larry, do you know what is a good speed to read and write using IMGBurn? I've been doing it at 2.4x but I have heard that some are burning at max 16x and they work fine? Thanks in advance!

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I burn at 4x speed. Seems to be the most recommended by others as well.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  9. doc_z

doc_z Member

Yep 4x for all mine has been fine