1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tried using AnyDVD but it shut DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor down!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cpg002, Mar 31, 2005.

1. cpg002

cpg002 Member

I have been trying to back up 'Closer' and 'The Iron Giant'. I have been using Dvd Shrink but when I watch the backup copies of those movies the dvd freezes. There are complete chapters missing for some reason.
    So I jumped on these forums for a solution and someone suggested AnyDVD for 'The Incredibles', another movie I have had trouble with.
    Is AnyDVD compatible with DVD Shrink and Decryptor? Are the recent updates on Shrink and Decryptor crap?

I would appreciate anyones help! Cheers.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if your dvd frezes its probably your media discs used!

dvd decrypter is awesome as a ripper and the new one should ripp anything you chuck at it!

so where are your errors you are getting? on play back or ripping or burning?

3. cpg002

cpg002 Member

Now that I added AnyDVD to the system... nothing works. DVD Shrink won't read anything to back it up.

Before I put that on, I used Shrink and Decryptor and the movies were backed up fine. But then when I put them in the player they would skip a chapter in the movie. The errors are in playback.

I get a little box in the corner of the screen with a movie reel and two arrows next to it. And then I have to go forward to the next chapter. Very weird.

I backed up other dvds this week and they were fine. Like Raging Bull Spe. Ed.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would dump anydvd then and go back to apps that work!

5. cpg002

cpg002 Member

I am thinking that too but then the two DVD apps aren't really doing there job properly in backing up those two movies.

6. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

speaking of ripping. Spanglish will not rip in shrink, at least for me. decrypter ripped it perfectly.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

the latest dvd decrypter i all you need to rip or should be!

8. colw

colw Active member

Latest version of DVD Decrypter is awesome - rips through anything.

DVD Shrink has not been updated for a while but still a very useful and versatile program.

9. mybarras

mybarras Member

doesnt anyone bother searching and if u did u would find out all u need is dvdd and shrink nothing else wake up people plus both are free bonus by the way my donation will follow shortly from a very satisfied member

10. CTxpress

CTxpress Member

I have no problem backing up Closer with CloneDVD +AnyDVD . Movie came out just fine . I think Closer is a Sony picture(Columbia).