1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trojans

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by samuraicb, Apr 18, 2005.

1. samuraicb

samuraicb Member

I use AOL as my default browser and almost never open IE however Lately I've been getting loads of trojans which seem to get onto my computer when IE starts. What I mean is I'm browesing the net on aol and a popup opens in IE then another popup unrelated to the site will open then norton tells me I have a trojan somewhere and it has been quarantined. It happens all the time I've loads of trojans over the last 2 days! I'm going to try and install a popup blocker see if that helps if not I guess I'll have to reinstall windows. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do before resorting to this?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. hijacker

hijacker Guest

Go to mrbass.org download crapcleaner.This will clean the registry on your computer and some spyware.Sometimes spyware can be mistaken as a virus from norton or any other program.I have Norton Corp edition for my computer.I have had a virus that would not remove at all, no matter what I tried.I finally deleted the virus myself from a program that I never used on my computer.I was like quiken 2000 and as soon as I removed it the virus was gone.So, your going to have to dig a little deeper on your computer to remove it.Crap cleaner will clean all cookies and shared cookies on your computer and all registry problems like active x and so on.Good luck with that.And tell AOL that they shouldn't advertise virus protection for there internet if it don't work.

4. joschez

joschez Regular member

Firefox rules. Don't use IE=sucks!

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

FireFox doesen't work for me :S
    It works for about 3 days then a box keeps popping up telling me that "The document contains no data" When I know VERY WELL that it does! When I use IE and go to the same age, it works :p

-Mike

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member