1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trojans

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by wolvesinm, Nov 28, 2007.

1. wolvesinm

wolvesinm Member

Hello, my sons computer has many Trojans. He got them mostly i think from U Toob and My space. He has Avast 4.7 and when virus would come up it said to Move To Chest. Instead he would hit delete. HIs computer is a mess with popups everywhere. I did a Boot scan a normal scan and did the recomended action. Still there. I restored his comp. to the original state of when we bought it. Then did all Microsoft security updates. The popups still continue.
    What will get rid of this crap?

2. echoreply

echoreply Regular member

hi,

have no idea what that would mean to you or where you got the info from

a system restore? useless

should have already had them
    ------------------------------------
    need a starting point and some clues; this would be good;

HiJackThis log - Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

* Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    * Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    * By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    * Click on Install.
    * It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    * Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    * Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    * Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log into your next reply.

* DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
    * DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or even required by your Operating System.

echoreply