1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Activating MC Exploit - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sohngg, Mar 9, 2005.

1. sohngg

sohngg Member

Hi all, I'm new to these forums but have read nearly every board here on the subject of the memory card exploit. I have followed a large number of "directions" or tutorial sites, and have ended up with nothing more than a stack of 20 some coasters, and 3-4 DVD coasters as a result.

I am using my flip top that I have installed, as I am not sure how to solder on a "real" mod chip. All the guides I've read say this is okay, but I just havnt had a large amount of luck. Is there something that I may be missing?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. sohngg

sohngg Member

here is a rundown of what I've tried so far: 1) Obtained the ID number of the PS1 disc I'm using. In my case, it's SCUS_942.92 (A Pizza Hut Demo Disc I received long ago with a delivery order). I used the tools I've downloaded at multiple sites, to run titleman -a SCUS_942.92 in DOS to alter the TITLE.DB file. Secondly, I used the CDGENPS2.exe file included in many tutorials to add the downloaded files and my modified TITLE.DB file into an ISO file. I burned the ISO file on a CD (using several different methods described in an equal number of tutorials.) I've also on some tried burning the files directly with Nero (also suggested in several tutorials).

My problem is that when I load up my Swap Magic 3 CD, I get to the part that says "Load Program" or whatever, and use my flip top to swap it out with the CD burned with the above methods. I hit X and all I get is the loading screen glowing red, as it does when a disc is unrecognized. On a couple of my burns, it loads (kind of) to a SOLID red screen then crashes.

Any help anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try loading it with cd loader.

5. sohngg

sohngg Member

That did the trick! Thank you ever so much!

6. 8Ba1l

8Ba1l Member

can anyone tell me if dvdregionX can be used as opposed to swap magic or any other program