1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble backing up Metal gear solid psx

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Jimmons, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Jimmons

Jimmons Member

I ahve tried many times to burn my iso onto a cd using alcohol 120% and when I loaded up my breaker pro and told it to load the game(after swappig of course) it would spin it real fast, and then slow down and just say booting cd... for hours!

So I tried copying it not from the iso but a new Iso from my friends game, same problem

Then I tried doing it again (from friends cd wich works by the way)but this time with clone cd (burning at only 4x because I heard somewhere that is ideal for old psx games).. same problem.

am I doing something wrong?, am I an idiot whats going on!?

ps. for makming a new thread about this, but this one doesnt have all caps.

2. Jimmons

Jimmons Member

come on doesn't anyone know?Im desperate.

3. jheydude1

jheydude1 Member

hey whats up! I'm having the same problem here. I also tried burning it with alcohol 120. but the c.d. just kept on spinning without booting to the game. I'm trying to boot it using breaker pro (ntsc). I guess we are in this same quest together Jimmons! I will try to look around the internet for the solution, and If I come across anything I will post here!

4. jheydude1

jheydude1 Member

by the way... I'm using a ps-one. compact version. 2000 October model.

5. jheydude1

jheydude1 Member

hey there I'm back. well I tested my m.g.s.,(metal gear solid), backup on epsxe. It takes a bit to load, but it does load none the less. working as it should. so my guess at this time is that it has something to do with breaker pro. I will keep on looking for more answers!