1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble backing up ps2 dvd games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by eddie666, Apr 29, 2004.

1. eddie666

eddie666 Member

I have an old mod chip and ps2. I am not sure which chip but i use the swap technique with a game shark 1.9. I have tried backing up games and it seems to back up fine but will not play on my ps2. i have tried different kinds of media and currently have ritek media. I have tried alcohol 120, sonic record now, nero, dvd decryptor and games x copy but i my ps2 can't read the discs.
    spec:
    self Built amd 1600+ @ 512MB RAM
    Windows XP home
    Sony DRU-530A
    rittek dvd-4 burning at 2x speed.
    Please help . I have wall papered my wall with coasters . Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to read the other threads and have tried everything but I am not having any luck.
    thanks in advance

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

It sounds like you have a neo 2.2 chip installed. Your problem is, most likly, not how you are backing up your games but how you are booting them. In order to boot ps2 dvd-r backups using the neo 2.2 chip you will need to use the swap magic disc instead of the gameshark. The gameshark works fine for cd-r backups but for dvd-r backups you will need to use the swap magic discs.

3. eddie666

eddie666 Member

thanks, that helps me out allot . Do you know where i can buy a copy of the swap magic disc ? Or would it be best if i would get a new chip ? I have had my ps2 for about 4 years. I bought it a year after it came out with the chip and it is still holding up but i am wondering if it is best to move on ?

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

you don't have to buy swap magic to play dvd-r backups if you have the gameshark v1.9 however, you would need an original game with a TOC as large or larger than the game you are trying to boot (and since you already have the original you should be able to swap with it).... swap magic would make things simpler because if you use gameshark to boot up dvd-r you have to do a double swap.

5. eddie666

eddie666 Member

thanks for the information Westar but how does magic swap work. At this time the chip that i use is pretty old and to load dvd r games i do use the 2 disc swap w/ game shark and original game. To do this i hold down my power buton and wait for the sequence of lights on the power and eject buttons to light accordinly to the media that i am going to be playing with cd or dvd . How would i use the swap magic technique. Thank you and sorry if i sound like a newbie but i am :( all help is greatly appreciated..

6. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

1.) load the swap magic dvd version
    2.) once loaded swap the swap magic disc with your dvd-r backup the way you would with the gameshark version 1.9 and a cd-r backup
    3. press x and it will load

you can order the swap magic from http://www.ps2cover.com/

7. eddie666

eddie666 Member

Thanks Hanedrick. I am going to get that and see if it helps. Fight Night 2004 and Nba Ballers are the games that are giving me toruble to back up .