1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble backing up The Notebook DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dtzee, Feb 9, 2005.

1. dtzee

dtzee Member

Has anyone out there found a way around the protection on the notebook dvd? This is the first time anydvd has not solved the problem. Anydvd fixed the problem with the Grude and The Forgotten and DVDXCOPY burns Ray With no problem. Help!!! Movie is due back in 3 hrs.

2. smw8888

smw8888 Member

I had the same problem until I updated CloneDVD and Anydvd and the backup went good.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I just used dvd shrink ,nero, and anydvd running in the background. Main movie only. No problem.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what is the EXACT problem (cant copy doesnt say much?)

so not sure how far you got and what errors occured?

5. dtzee

dtzee Member

Nice work! Burning just the main movie works fine using AnyDvd and dvdshrink. Fullscreen version only though, but it worked. Thanks a Million! The error I was receiving was Failed to read "M:/" Overlapped I/O operation in progess.

6. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

The Notebook is a "flipper." If you backed up the correct side, you'd have gotten widescreen.

7. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

No problems here with The Notebook. AnyDVD running in background ripped it in ISO mode with DVD Decrypter then burned it. Didn't even need Shrink. (Fiance only wanted the Fullscreen version, which is DVD-5) :)

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I wanna S C R E A M !!!!!

Isn't ther like a gazillion post's on this movie already???

TRY USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION ALREADY...

and my caps lock was on on purpose!! LOL ;-)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  9. rimland

rimland Guest

what great help....'try the search' ?

next time just scream and don't post

there are 3 threads on this...all pretty much the same

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try helping yourself first. Don't always excpect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter.. There are rule's here and the rule clearly states
    My point is this question has been answered before..
    Belive it or not that is helping by telling them to use the search it's not only helping the person making the post, but all of AD because a lot of time and effort was already put into this subject. So why waste this space and time again?
    For those who are spoiled and don't want to take the time to follow the rules and help themselves out then follow the first guide here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html and you will have a back up of Notebook..

Good Luck :-0

11. rimland

rimland Guest

WRONG !
    The question hasn't been answered.
    If you would have searched you would have known that all 3 posts ended with the same conclusion, no one has been successfull (unless they backed up the full screen side)
    But thanks for the lecture on life

12. LouV68

LouV68 Member

I had a hell of a time backing this movie up for my wife. I tried DVDDecrypter, VStrip, Smartripper, VOBBlanker, DVDShrink.....and nothing. They all choked on VTS_03_3.VOB

I finally got it to work with DVDDecrypter by making one simple adjustment in the options and it worked like a charm. Just go to Tools... Settings... and on the I/O tab choose "Ignore Read Errors"

Hopefully this will work for you too.

If anyone is wondering, the version of DVDDecrypter I used is the newest one - v 3.5.2.0

I experienced something very weird while using VOBBlanker. Maybe you have too with other movies. It appeared that it had properly ripped the movie, but when I opened it up in DVDshrink to compress it, the movie title was nothing but a green screen the entire time. The extras were fine though. Pretty strange.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  13. rimland

rimland Guest

you got it to work on the widescreen side ?
    if so, nice find...thanks !

14. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Why should this be so surprising? Actually, it never occured to me to trying anything but the widescreen side. And I didn't do anything special to do it (other than make sure I had it in the dvd rom drive with the widescreen label up, the same way I'd play in a standalone dvd player). I ripped the "movie only" with dvd decrypter, and then burned with Roxio Easy DVD [bold]Copy[/bold].