1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble backing up, with Decrypter, whats the MDS File?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by lopedl, Aug 13, 2004.

1. lopedl

lopedl Member

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to hear my troubles. I am having trouble backing my ps2 games using dvd decrypter. So far I have tried underground racing, and orphan scoin of lightning. I am using a swap card with swap magic. When I load the swap magic dvd disk it says insert disk, then I do the swap trick and it goes to the blue screen and then loads up. After that it goes to a black screen and looks as if it wants to load up but stays that way to infinity.

I followed the directions one of the sticky threads. It says while using decrypter just write the iso file. But when downloading the iso to the harddrive, another file the mds is there. When I burned it to a dvd I just used the iso file, am I also supposed to be including the mds portion as well.

Thanks,

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can burn either the iso or mds, it doesn't matter (sometimes the mds is you only choice). What brand media are you using and what version ps2 do you have?

3. lopedl

lopedl Member

Thanks for the reply, so If I have both an iso, and mds file, I should be fine with just selecting the mds file, and from what I gather it will combine the iso. The mds file for Orphan was 5kb, and the actual iso was over 1 1/2 gigs. I have a version 3. I have used verbatim, khypermedia, and now I'm gonna try spin x. All disks I have used are dvd-r. I'll try burning just the mds and see what happens.

4. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey dudes am having the same problem as well but not with the dvd decrypter its when i put the dvd in the ps2 it keeps loading for a long long time and never stops with some loud noises the mark of dvd's am using are some sony dvd+r dvd's so plaese help thanks oh and the version of my ps2 is a 9