1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Burning an AVI in Nero Vision 4

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by MellyAnn, Mar 5, 2007.

1. MellyAnn

MellyAnn Member

Every time I upload my avi file of Bleach into NeroVision 4, it slows down the video, but the audio remains the same. They won't synch up. When I play the file in any other media player it plays fine. When I burn it onto a DVD, it burns with the audio normal and the video slowed down.

How can I fix this problem?!

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Try ConvertXtoDVD. Nerovision can be a pretty lousy conversion tool at times. ConvertX is fully functional in trial mode although it watermarks its output.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Edit: added text below

You didn't say which specific version of Nero you're using. Some are more buggy than others.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  3. MellyAnn

MellyAnn Member

I have Nero 7 Premium, and I use Nero Vision 4, Version 4.9.0.18. I have noticed that when the video plays on the preview screen, an application called FFDShow Audio Decoder starts running, but the FFDShow Video Decoder doesn't. Could that be a probelm?

When I tried using BoilSoft AVI to DVD Converter, it did the exact same thing. The audio can't sync with the video, but when it is played in any standard media player, they sync perfectly.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Playing the AVI in a media player is a little different than playing the converted DVD. During conversion, the audio and video are separated for the conversion and later combined. Sometimes the conversion programs don't do a good job syncing them back up due to deficient programming or a lack of markers to facilitate the process. I don't know anything about the other conversion program you used. If ConvertX has the same problem as Nerovision, there may be something wrong with the AVI that makes converting it next to possible (in terms of syncing). Is the same thing happening with other conversions or just this one? If it's happening with other conversions, I'd guess somethng's wrong with your setup. If it's just this particular AVI, that's another story.

5. MellyAnn

MellyAnn Member

All of my AVI files do this.

My video mode is set to NTSC, which should mean that the video and audio will both run at that speed. The audio does, but the video runs around 27-28 frames a second.

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Are the AVIs in PAL or NTSC format?

Did you ever try ConvertXtoDVD? If it also has problems, there's definitely something wrong with your setup.

Be sure you're using one of the good versions of Nero 7:

All are available here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_7_premium/

Be sure to run the Nero 7 Clean Tool after installing and before installing a different version:

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero7_CleanTool.html

You could try updating your codecs. I don't think that's the problem, but who knows:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

7. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

for converting i use winavi