1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Burning Back-ups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Bacon288, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Bacon288

Bacon288 Member

ok so i got my ps2 modded, and it has successfully played many backups before, but I am having trouble burning them myself on my computer, of course, using store bought copies and making a backup. I tried using alcohol 120% and using copy wizard, and at first the burn seemed to work, but after displayed the Playstation 2 logo, the screen stayed blank. This is the same thing that happened after using dvd decrypter and following the steps listed somewhere on these forums. Its definately not my burner, and its definately not the ps2. Is there something simple i may have missed? I'm burning on dvd - media at 2x speed. Is it possible the discs may not work because they are really cheap dvds?

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

In DVD Decrypter, make a note of the media ID that is listed on the right side of the application when you go to burn a DVD. Then go the digitalfaq.com, scroll down, and click on the link under DVD MEDIA GUIDES- Blank media and quality FAQ. That will tell you if the your media is crap or not.

3. Bacon288

Bacon288 Member

hmmm i have "pathetic garbage media". sounds like i found my problem.