1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble burning: Bourne Supremacy, Spanglish, Sideways

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cpditka, Apr 11, 2005.

1. cpditka

cpditka Member

I'm a newbie, but Ive been reading and getting a lot of help on these threads, so first of all I would like to say thank you for all the help that you didnt know you were giving me.

But know I'm really stuck,

I initially have a CRC, so I changed the setting as follows in the directions by ScubaPete.

That seems to let me analyze the disc and start encoding using dvdshrink. However all 3 discs stop at 49%.

Any clue???? Thanks for the help.

I use DVDdecryptor 3.5.4.0 , DVDshrink 3.2.0.15, & Nero. I am running Windows XP, and have a whole bunch of unused hard drive and lot of RAM.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

If you are using DVD Decrypter followed by DVD Shrink and then Nero and are still unsuccessful, then you have original disc problems. CRC errors is your DVD reader's way of telling you that it doesn't like the disc. Usually due to sctatches, smudges, dirt or imperfections in the original pressing. Clean well or try another original disc.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

cpditka
    Do what bilbo65 stated but my question is how many errors did you get when you ripped the DVD the first time using DVDDecrypter. If you get a lot or even 1 it is either a Scratch or a bad press. I would take the disk back and exchange them for ones that do not have the scratches

4. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Did you insert still image in DVD Shrink for Unreferenced Material? I know Bourne Supremacy has an encryption located there. As for Spanglish and Sideways, I ran those through DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and burned with DVD Decrypter as I (not being judgemental) have always had problems with Nero. No problems with any of those movies, but as stated before, look at your disc and be sure it's free of any imperfections.

5. Argg

Argg Regular member

Download a program called anydvd 4.3.6.1. I can't believe how many people don't know about this.

6. Argg

Argg Regular member

I repeat. Go find a program called AnyDVD v 4.6.3.1.

Yous disk is not dirty or scratch. Sony Entertainment tries to stop people from backing dvd's up by putting in a css protection key. It the same with Resident Evil, Suspect Zero, Hotel Rwanda, Ocean's Twelve.

They Are starting to do it with all the movies now.

You can tell, when on the back it has a small picture of a black dvd and a gray dvd with a red circle with a line though it.

7. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

So, what you're saying is that even though I was able to back these movies up without using AnyDVD, he must have a different type of original DVD that has a different type of protection than the one's I have and therefore, he'll need to "purchase" this program rather than using the nice "free" programs that I mentioned above.

Nice theory.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@Argg -
    - not 100% correct - see Official Spanglish Thread -
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/178337[/quote]

I've seen a few posts of your today pushing anydvd as THE only option. Now you're stating that there aren't dirty or scratched discs out there. Not correct my friend

9. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Sales rep. for Slysoft???

While I admit, AnyDVD is very nice and is much easier, it's not the cure all...Geez, I feel like I type this over and over and over and over....

10. Argg

Argg Regular member

WHAAAaaaaa! When did I say that. All those dvd's have the same protection keys. Anydvd takes care of em.

There a 21 day trial period with anydvd. And it is the cure all. His dvd shrink stops veryfying at 37% because of the css key. That's how I know it's not becasue it's scratched. Same thing happen to me. All those movies he listed I've tried to burn, but couldn't at first, Till I got anydvd.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  11. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

And as I stated before, so do DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. You might have to put forth a little effort, but it's worth saving the extra money.

And as Creaky stated before, that's not 100% accurate either. Not every program works for every person on here. Not every problem has one "cure all" fix like you suggest, and it's quite absurd to think there is.

It's apparent that you know more than anyone on this forum because you could back up some DVD's using AnyDVD. My heart goes out to you, I feel so ignorant even bringing up a marred or scratched disc. Thank goodness you jumped in.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@Argg, it's the cure all for YOU ONLY. SOME ppl will have the same results as you, but NOT everyone, so your fixed helped you specifically; therefore you cannot state that it's a fix all for Everybody. That is simply untrue. Your posts i and others have replied to are inaccurate as they apply to you and SOME of the ppl out there, but NOT everyone out there.

13. Argg

Argg Regular member

The reason I'm telling them use anydvd, is becasue there problems and my problems when I was burning the same cd were exactly the same. DVD shrink came up with an error 37% into Spanglish, and 14% into Resident Evil Apocalypse.

So if they had the exact same problem as me, They they should work it out with the exact same solution.

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

DVD Shrink will have problems with those movies with the newer encryption this is true, but DVD Decrypter will work just as good as AnyDVD. Don't get me wrong I love AnyDVD and have purchased it, but to be perfectly honest I still use Decrypter more often, and as long as you have the newest version (same is true with AnyDVD) you will have no problems ripping your movie with Decrypter. So Argg your little theory is just incorrect and holds no facts to back up your claim.

@cpditka,
    See that link in my signature? Go to the very first guide at that site and try backing up your movie with that method. If it doesn't work with that method then we may have some other issue's we need to look at. My guess is your trying to rip in ISO mode and that doesn't always work the best because it puts a little more stress on your PC..
    Let us know how it works for you :)