1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble burning bruce almighty dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gbrbob, Jan 1, 2005.

1. gbrbob

gbrbob Member

i downloaded and installed dvdencrypter and it split up the movie into vob, ifo, and bup files. When i go to burn the files i get an error message. this is an original copy from dvd. i also tried using dvdshrink, didn't work either. please help

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Are you trying to make a copy of a copy? If so, use Nero express. Click on make a copy, add files, burn, done in 12-15 minutes.

It's in Nero Ultra 6. Free trial each and every month, good for the entire month, must be reinstalled each month til you buy.

There is a new trial coming out in the next couple of days so you might want to wait, or you can go ahead and DL the old version here:

http://www.ahead.de/us/neroue-prog.php

Make sure you DL and install all 3 packs.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  3. gbrbob

gbrbob Member

thanx i'll give it a try and let u know.

4. gbrbob

gbrbob Member

ok new problem now i've tried to use nero express and now it comes out to be 8 gbs for the whole movie. my dvd disk is only 4.7. now what?

5. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

What is the error message you are getting EXACTLY??

You should read the guide for using DVD Shrink, it will cure all your ills, me thinks. Only way to compress your movie enough to fit on your disc.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  6. gbrbob

gbrbob Member

trying to encode with shrink dvd right now. will let u know outcome.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Then you're not making a copy of a copy. You are using a DL DVD9 disc which will have to be compressed to fit a DVD5 disc. A copy would've already had that done.

You can use shrink 3.2 and burn with Nero automatically or use Nero recode, both work almost exactly alike. Recode won't rip and shrink won't burn. About the only difference.

Wierdo is right in that shrink will do this, tho it isn't by far the only program that will. It is free however and does a goood job. Here is a shrink guide I wrote that may help:

http://www.zentarium.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40