1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble burning dvd with nero 6 ultra

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Mentor11, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Mentor11

Mentor11 Guest

I just bought a pioneer A07xla dvd writer and cannot get it to burn correctly with Nero 6 ultra. I use dvd shrink to rip the movie to the desired files. I then transfer these files over to nero's video ts folder, then I proceed to burn. Everything starts out ok. For example nero begins to write the lead in, then it proceeds with writing the movie files. I am encountering problems with nero closing the disc. The burn sequence is succsssful all the up to the closing track in which I recieve an error message. When I take the disc out of the drive it appears to have burned completely. Unfortunatley, no dvd players will read the disc. I have noticed that there is a thin unburned portion near the beginning of the disc. I believe this is what causes trouble for dvd players when trying to read the disc. I can burn perfect backups with dvd decrypter (smaller than 4.7GB ofcourse) in which I don't see this mysterious ring. Can anybody help me with this problem I am having with nero. Thanks.

2. colw

colw Active member

What brand media are you using to burn to? - probs can occur with certain media brands

3. woof811

woof811 Regular member

have you got dvd decrypter by any chance ?
    iff so you could try this :-
    1, open shrink ,analyze dvd , select backup .
    2, select target device and change to iso disc image .
    3, tick the tick box that says launch dvd decrypter to burn out put image .
    what this will do is rip and shrink your dvd in iso mode then burn in iso mode with dvd decrypter.
    this method will only work iff you are running a ntfs file system such as windows xp or possibly 2000 .

or you could try this :-
    1, open shrink , analyze dvd , select backup.
    2, select target device and change to your dvd burner.
    this should rip and shrink in file mode then automatically burn with nero without any assistance from you .
    both these methods should work ok ive tried them both no probs .
    hope i helped :eek:)

4. zooco

zooco Regular member

Are you sure you meant "DVD Shrink" rather than "DVD Decryptor" ? As I knew for sure, DVD Decryptor will not shrink yor ripped files at all : it is purely a ripper .

5. woof811

woof811 Regular member

what im getting at is you can use dvd shrink for rippin and shrinking , then use dvd decrypter for burning .
    it really is quite simple :eek:)