1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Burning Files To DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MrX1oo1, Dec 5, 2004.

1. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

Hey i recently downloaded the second tomb raider, but it is in a different format then what i usually deal with. When the file was done downloading, i dicovered it actually a folder labeled VIDEO_TS. and in the folder, are 9 files. 2 of them are BUP files, 2 are IFO files and the final 5 files are VOB. I have no clue as to what theses files are for, or how to burn them to a dvd-r. i currently use Alcohol 120% to burn my dvd's. If anyone can help me With this problem, i would be very grateful. Thanks a mil,
    MrX

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If the VIDEO_TS folder is under 4.4GB you can simply burn the entire folder (not just the contents) to disc as data with just about any burning software. If the folder is over 4.4GB you'll need to use DVD Shrink to open the files then compress them to fit a blank DVD :)

3. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

Alcohol 120% isnt allowing me to burn the file types described above, let alone an entire file at a time. i have no clue how to do that with Alcohol 120%. If anyone knows what im doing wrong, i'd really apreciate your help. Once again thanks,
    MrX

4. Nephilim

You need to use something other than A120. Nero, RecordNow, DVD Decrypter and Copy To DVD, to name a few, will all burn a VIDEO_TS folder :)

5. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

Sweeeeeeeeeet thanks dude. one last question. where should i download from? Suprnova? Downloads.com? somewhere free.

6. Nephilim

Can't give links to downloading movies or software as per forum rules ;)