1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TROUBLE BURNING MOVIES

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by RUDMASTER, Apr 16, 2005.

1. RUDMASTER

RUDMASTER Member

CAN ANYBODY OR HAS ANYBODY BEEN ABLE TO BURN RESIDENT EVIL APOCALYPSE AND THE GRUDGE WITH DVD SHRINK?
    PLEASE ASAP
    RUDY AKA RUDMASTER

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Not without an up to date ripper such as DVD Decrypter or a program such as AnyDVD or DVD43 to remove encryptions.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Please shut off the caps and the asap is not necessary.Those movies can be ripped with dvd decrypter.Then open up those files in dvd shrink and shrink as needed.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

he he hi bilbo ya beat me

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

@jim_dandy

You did come to the rescue tho!! :)

6. buffster

buffster Regular member

Hi Rudmaster. Yes, I was able to back up "resident evil 2" with dvd decypter & shrink. The grudge, no way. My dvd is brand new, played once, completly flawless....but still there was no way that I could back it up with decrypter & shrink. I'm sure the senior members of this forum have a way to do it. But neither of these programs worked for me on "the grudge" but on the upside I have been able to back up over 117 movies with these programs successfully.

7. RUDMASTER

RUDMASTER Member

sorry i forgot to turn off the caps .. im going to try the the dvd 43 and see what happens ..did try the dvd decrypter with the dvd shrink 3.1. could not get it to work ..unless im doing something wrong? ...is there a newer version of dvd shrink?

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

9. colw

colw Active member

As above - latest version of DVD Decrypter and Shrink make these puppies puppy cats - they just roll over and want to play.

10. RUDMASTER

RUDMASTER Member

i used anydvd on the grudge and it worked ...did not work on the resident evil apocalypse ..so i downloaded the dvd encrypter and used it on the resident evil apocalypse.. looked like it was working then it came up with a failed to read sector...as for the dvd43.. well when i downloaded and installed it and tried to open it ..it camed up with a message saying this version is not compatable with win9 mix...so naturally i uninstalled it... what more can i do?..i really want this movie.. have i missed anything? is there anymore i can do?i follow instructions pretty good ! if anybody can break it down to me. ive been able to burn over 125 movies with no problems ..this is the only one thats giving me fits.
    RUDMASTER

11. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

RUDMASTER ,
    If you tried ripping the DVD w/ the newest Version of DVDDecrypter and you got read errors then either you have a scratch at the point or it is a bad press. Suggest you take it back and exchange it for a better one

12. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I agree with Car.Mike.I did both of these movies, before I had AnyDvd,using dvd decrypter, and dvd shrink.You must be dealing with a bad disc.

13. RUDMASTER

RUDMASTER Member

since i have netflix ..i will request another copy ..but i kinda doubt it ..ive already tried 2 other copies before this one. and with those i tried to burn them with dvd x copy platinum and it didnt work .the copy i have now is pretty clean with no scratches.. but it might be a bad press.. i have question for jim.. you said you burned both movies before anydvd or decrypter and dvd shrink...what program did you use?
    RUDY AKA RUDEMASTER

14. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I use only AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2. I successfully copied all the movies mention here in this thread with no problems.

15. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

RUDMASTER,
    You must have not seen the comma in Jim_Dandy's answer:

"before I had AnyDVD,using DVD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink.You must be dealing with a bad disc."

He used DVDDecrypter and Shrink to do the copy as I also did. It was easy to overlook

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  16. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I did RE2 with a psl patch, made for dvd decrypter.That was before they updated dvd decrypter to handle RE2.
    You shouldnt be having problems with either of these movies, if you use the latest version of dvd decrypter.
    Try doing just "movie only", ripping with dvd decrypter, in the file mode.

17. RUDMASTER

RUDMASTER Member

im waiting for my new copy of reseident evil part2 to arrive and then i will attempt to burn it again ..think i should keep anydvd ?...did try to rip it in a file mode and i got the same error message..will keep the decrypter anyway ..seems like a good tool to use ..will let everybody WHAT happens
    RUDY AKA RUDEMASTER

18. RUDMASTER

RUDMASTER Member

sucess i was able to burn this one finally resident evil 2...i used anydvd first and then i used dvd shrink ...decrypter alone didnt work . so you guys think i ought to keep anydvd ..i have it on a trial period
    RUDY AKA RUDEMASTER

19. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi RUDMASTER
    Well I cant understand why dvd decrypter didnt work for you, but it seems you answered your own question.
    Dvd shrink is obsolete, there will be no more updates.
    Dvd shrink, on newer movies, such as RE2, Little black book, the grude, etc. is useless.With AnyDvd running in the background,its just like a freshly updated app.
    I use several different apps, for my backing up needs, and most of them need some kind of decrypter,nero recode,Intervideo dvd copy3,dvd2one,clone dvd.With AnyDvd running in the background,I dont need to run dvd decrypter, or another ripper,first.
    AnyDvd has updates for life.You can also get a package deal, with AnyDvd, and clone dvd, for 59 dollars(usd)to give you a very good package, for your backing up needs.
    I love AnyDvd so much....I bought the company! he he he... just kidding :)
    good luck
    jD

20. we_rule

we_rule Member

Based on many posts on this site I bought Anydvd. It was one of my better purchases in life. At $59 it is cheaper than dinner and a movie on friday night.

I endorse the purchase of this program.