1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble burning persona 3 undub

Discussion in 'PS2' started by b4k4ever, Aug 31, 2007.

1. b4k4ever

b4k4ever Member

i dl'ed persona 3 undub, and am having major issues burning the game. the DVD format i'm using is DVD+RW, and the burning program i'm using is nero. i have the iso, yet have absolutely no idea how to go about burning it. i tried burning it as a DVD-ROM (ISO), but nero tells me that the iso, which stands at 4.2gb, is too large and to burn it as UDF. even after burning it as a UDF, ps2, which is modded btw, cannot read it. i've tried every possible burning format, and all end up failing to read on the ps2. i know that ps2 can read DVD+RW, so i'm completely lost. i can extract the files, of course, but i dont know how the DVD structures the files so that the ps2 can read it, therefore i obviously cannot just throw the files into the DVD and burn it that way. i am new to burning games, so as of right now i have nowhere to go. someone please give me advice on how to go about doing this.

2. CoolZaim

CoolZaim Member

Wow, seems liek you're having ltos of trouble.

I reccomend Alcohol 120%, it is great for eveyrthing.

3. b4k4ever

b4k4ever Member

Just how exactly are we supposed to burn the game so that it works? What's the problem? Is there a specific way it has to be burned? A certain DVD format? We've tried burning it as an iso, burning it as a udf, iso/udf, opening the iso and burning it, throwing the actual files in with complete disregard for dvd data structure, although that last one was out of desperation, we're totally at a lost here and have absolutely no idea what to do anymore.

4. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

All right, let me see if I can help you. As for my credibility rating, I made a direct copy of Persona 3, but I think mine is dubbed because its all in english. Regardless, the method I will tell you is the same.

You downloaded your's from a torrent, I did not, thats the only difference so far.

First things first:

1) Slim or non-slim ps2? I can only help you with the fat ps2 as that is what I am familiar with.

2) What is your method of modding? Swap magic? Solder mod chip? HDA loader? Please explain.

3) From what I know, my ps2 (fat version 4) does not work with DVD+RW or DVD-RW of any kind. It works great though with DVD+R and DVD-R. Really, you should only use those two, as the +RW,-RW I've heard can wear and tear on your laser dramatically.

Process:
    1) Have your iso ready. Do not extract your iso into a folder or anything.

2) I'm going to use Nero express as an example. Load nero. Click on "Image, Project, Copy" button.

3) Click "Disc Image or Saved Project".

4) Navigate to your iso and select it.

5) Click the left hand arrow on the side to it brings out the tray menu. Select appropriate burn speed for your blank media. Burn at half the MAX speed of the disc. I have a 16x media, so I will burn at 8x respectively.

6) Burn the iso. Turn off all background programs. This includes antivirus software, firewall, and downloading utilities.

7) Iso will be burnt. Game is burnt successfully. Test in PS2. If none of that works, there is something wrong that is outside of the process I list here.

Please come back and enlighten me what of the steps you did and didn't do. I am suggesting for the time being, just for the sake of it, try the process above but without a DVD rewriteable. Let me know if that can work for you. If you don't got any blanks of that sort around, well, I can't help you out with that. You are on your own. :)

5. b4k4ever

b4k4ever Member

Thanks for your help. Just presenting the questions helped me to narrow down what it is I needed to do to get the game successfully burned. Now I need to return those useless DVD+/-RWs...

FYI
    Slim PS2
    Matrix Green Dot soldered Mod Chip
    (Was) using DVD+RW, then DVD-R

I burned the game by following the proceedure you listed, which I had somehow figured out on my own while I was trying to sleep. By using a DVD-R, I successfully burned a copy which the ps2 could read, but couldn't run. So I tried burning at half-speed, which did the trick. Thanks for your support, I now have a better grasp of how to go about burning games. :)