1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble converting 5.7gig Hi-def mpeg-2 to xvid using vdubmod

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Iakupo, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Iakupo

Iakupo Member

Hello out there,
    I recently recorded a hi-definition program from my digital tv card which turned out to be about 5.7 gigabytes. It is an pal 25fps mpeg-2 file, res 1920*1088, audio ac3 5.1. I can play the file with sound in wmp but when I tried opening it in vdubmod and mpeg2vdub there was only black for the video output although the sound played. I was looking to convert it to about 1400 mb and could not for the life of me figure out why the was no picture. I opened it in GSpot which came up with a "failed to connect to output pin...on InterVieo Timeshift" error when I tried to render it. Is there any way to fix this problem or a program that can convert it t Xvid another way. My TV card is an AverMedia DVB-T card.
    Thanks in Advance for any answers or comments.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hello,
    What is creating the MPEG2 recording - is it software from your capture card?
    Something about the file is giving other progams indigestion ;(
    So the file opens in WMP but is unfriendly to other apps (including GSpot)?
    That's harsh, man... wish I could help.
    Perhaps other capture/recording software (ie. Nero) would make captures that are more compatible.
    Or, ideally you could capture directly into compressed AVI format.
    You could try to proceed as if you would like to burn a DVD from your program (it is MPEG2 after all) and see if any DVD authoring software will accept it.
    Alas, I'm not much help I guess...
    L8R

3. Iakupo

Iakupo Member

Thanx for reply, It actually plays in gspot but it will not render it. Vdubmod sees nothing but black after parsing the file. Will try using nero capture see if it is better, although most freeware capture programs I try can't detect my card!