1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble copying a backup made with decryptor.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by saulat_99, Mar 17, 2007.

1. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I was wondering why my computer would not pick up any of my backups that I have made with dvd-decryptor. The discs work on the PS-2 but my DVD burner says there is no info on the disc. My dvd drive will not read the discs at all. I tried reading a friends backup and the it was picked up fine. I don't know what method was used for that disc. Thanks for any help.

2. rico134

rico134 Regular member

have you tried creating and burning an iso with alcohol or nero to see if your drive picks that up? if yes, probably a software prob with decrypter, if not what media are you using to backup your games? is it the same type as your friend? if not, try creating and burning an iso on the same media your friend used and see if it picks up anything then. if not then i don't know what the problem could be, sorry.

3. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I did not have luck with the iso method when I tried it. Could be because I have an older version of Nero. Maybe I will try that again. Decrypter should be the latest version and I use verbatim 8x discs. I did run into the same problem with one of his discs but most of them worked fine. I am going to compare disc types today but I am unsure if all of his are labeled with brands and speeds although I know some of his are some type of verbatim.