1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Copying A DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by daletom, Mar 4, 2005.

1. daletom

daletom Member

Anybody know why I can't copy Toy Story and Toy Story 11 using Any DVD and Nero Recode 2. I have tried several times and I get this message:
    Nero Recode 2 encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read from file
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    I have had no trouble copying other movies before and after I have tried these two.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks
    daletom

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Sounds like the disk you have has bad scratches on it. You can try cleaning it but after that I would use DVDDecrypter in File Mode to rip it. If you get no errors there ( it will state the errors if you get any) then I would use Nero at that point. DVDecrypter will make a file usually in the name of the Video on the C: drive. That is the file you want to use

3. daletom

daletom Member

Appreciate the reply. I don't think its scratches because it is a new set. I did try and clean it but still had no luck. I don't have DVDecrypter and not sure if I had it that I would know how to use. That is why I chose ANY DVD because it was very easy for me to use. I am really a newbie when it comes to this type of computer stuff.
    Thanks

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

It's usually either scratched, or just plain manufactured improperly. Once I saw a whole batch of Natural Born Killers that was bad. Every single copy that 2 different Best Buy's had was screwed up in the same exact spot. If you can get your hands on other copies of the originals, give that a whirl.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

If that is a new set then it has to be a bad press. I would still use DVDDecrypter ( free) to see if the file can be put on the HD.
    If it is a bad press ( verified by DVDDecrypter finding errors and not able to read the DVD , if new)then I would carry it back and exchange it.

The guides for DVDDecrypter should be on the forum but if they are not, when you D/l it that is the default mode so use that.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi daletom, first off, you will on occasion find a new dvd with no dirt or scratches give you the CRC error. It is sometimes from slightly corrupt data on the original. Its not bad enough to show up during playback but always shows up during the rip process.
    DVD Decrypter is very easy to use and will copy the complete movie to your HD, but it doesn't compress a dvd9 movie to fit a dvd5 blank. So once Decrypter gets the movie onto your HD you can then open those files in Recode or DVD Shrink to Compress or edit before you burn to the blank.

Jerry