1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble copying data DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lerx, Jan 22, 2007.

1. lerx

lerx Member

make it short,
    wanted to copy a data dvd (kinda flash type autorun),

tried nero, the copy finished, the copy doesnt work (shows "insert the wrong dvd")

tried magicdisc so I can make an .ISO image and burn it, the image was made, the burnt dvd didnt work (shows that it is full, but shows the size as 0 bytes !)

tried a few other softwares , the same problem, dvd successfully burned, didnt work, shows zero bytes as size of dvd !

tried alcohol 120, the burned dvd had the same problem, but I could make an image on hard which was working well !!!! but the format was different (.mdf and .mds two files!)

tried some other few programs to change these .mdf .mds files to .iso so I can burn it , the changed .iso format didnt work, showed either "wrong dvd, please insert the dvd" , or didnt work at all ,and showed zero bytes,

what the heck should i do know, !!!!!!

thanks pals

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

Are you trying to play the disk in a standalone player or in a DVD drive on a PC? It likely won't play in the former unless it's avi/divx files and the standalone plays that type of file.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

lerx,

Let's pick a more descriptive thread title next time. I changed it for you.

4. lerx

lerx Member

Hi,
    Actually I guess that dvd had some kinda lock, or ,, or maybe some dots or tracks intentionaly made not to be copied,
    the funny thing is with all the dvd's at least I could make an .ISO image and use it in virtual drive program like magicdisc ,
    but this dvd, when is made to image the image doesnt work and gives the message "wrong dvd, please insert the correct dvd" !!
    the only program that could make a "working " image was alcohol 120 when i checked "skip errors" option

my question, what should i do,
    or at least: any program that copies packet by packet, dot by dot, even errors, so i would make and identical copy,

thanks

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I don't mess around with this type of thing so I don't think I can be of much additional help to you. If Alcohol 120% cannot do the job, I'm not sure what else will. Have you checked the game forums? I'm assuming this is a game you're trying to backup.

6. lerx

lerx Member

Hi,
    actually this is a flash presentation of our company, our former software team made, and after lay off, they didnt leave any documents/ how to thing, funny, I just need to make 3-4 copies to send the new clients, thanks (this is an autorun flash file, with lots of .flv files, I can copy flv files, but then it loses its menus / beauty)

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Unless this thing was professionally mastered and the company paid the big bucks, I doubt it's copy protected. Maybe the disk you're trying to copy is defective and that's causing the errors. Have you tried opening the DVD with ISOBuster? Maybe you can copy the files to your HDD from ISOBuster and then burn them as a new project to a data DVD. Is this a data DVD or a DVD video? Does it have a VIDEO_TS folder? If it's just a data file you should be able to just copy the files. You shouldn't have to have a bit by bit copy.

http://www.isobuster.com