1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble disabling modchip!, -402 DNAS Error!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by EasilyFun, Oct 19, 2004.

1. EasilyFun

EasilyFun Guest

Hey guys

I read the FAQ numerous times and the thing is I bought an original version of NBA Live 2005 just so I could play it online, however I keep getting a DNAS -402 error. My ps2 is modded and back when i first bought nba live 2004 the original (ps2 was still modded back then as well) I was able to override the modchip by holding down the power button for a certain amount of time. I havent played online in like 7 months and have forgotten how to disable the modchip! I held the power button down till the blue light on the eject switch shows up, i tried holding it down till the ps2 logo comes up, and now matter how long I hold the power button down to disable the modchip I keep on gettin a DNAS -402 error. I know there is a way to disable it cuz i used to be able to play nba live 2004 online, but I'm hoping I'm not banned or anything which I doubt. Can ANYONE help me! I spent a good amount of $ for an original game just to play it online and I can't even do that! Im not sure on what type of modchip I have, I just know that its an internal one and it can play both dvd r and cdr backups. any help or insight would be appreciated! Thanks a ton guys~

2. Kravenoff

Kravenoff Member

Type of modchip needed for answer.