1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Downloading for Quite Some Time Now

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by BasilO, Nov 5, 2007.

1. BasilO

BasilO Member

Hi, I have read through a great many different faqs, tip sites, forums and the like, and I have still not been able to figure out what is seemingly wrong with my computer. This is my last attempt to try and fix it, and may be the only thing that can.

I've used a couple of different Bittorrent programs, but they all work basically the same - horrible. There can be 19 seeds and I'll only be downloading around 2.5 kB/s... and many times not even that. I have changed to Azureus from the last program I was using, and the only thing it did was show me the yellow circles, and that there indeed was something wrong.

I have read many things about forwarding ports on routers and the like, but I don't have a router! I'm using an ethernet adapter (VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter #3 to be exact) to connect to my LAN. I've even checked my IP address, and it's not a 192 number or any other number signifying that I'm behind a router, it starts with 134.
    That behind said, I also have my Windows firewall turned completely off, so whenever I read that I should open up ports that way, I knew it wouldn't work.

But still it is telling me that my ports are not open or that I have an NAT problem. I had a problem using eMule a short time ago along the same lines, in that the two points it was telling me it had to connect to could not be reached. So apparently, pretty much none of my ports are open and I don't know what to do.

I really hope that someone can offer some sort of support, because this has completely stumped me, and I'm usually able to figure out at least some kind of solution.

2. BasilO

BasilO Member

Whatever, I figured it out. My ISP's stealthing every single one of my ports since I'm on a university network. Now I just need to figure out how to get an http tunnel to work.