1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble finding my version the serial number...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by HaloSnipa, Jan 21, 2005.

1. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

3702333 43806

now thats my serial number, but if i am correct that would be week 38 in 2004, i looked at a table on a website and it wasnt on there, im pretty sure that i have a v. 1.6 already cuz i got it in november of 04, but can anyone tell me if i did something wrong trying to find it...?

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

it is deffinetly either a 1.6 or 1.6b the only real way to tell is to open it up.

3. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

thanks for your help, but can u tell me the difference between 1.6 and 1.6b? I have never heard of 1.6b, and i might hard mod my xbox but i heard its tougher for the newer versions...

4. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

the only major difference is in the software. but 99% of all modchips today are compatible with both 1.6 and 1.6b xboxes.

5. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

the only major difference is in the software. but 99% of all modchips today are compatible with both 1.6 and 1.6b xboxes.

6. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

7. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

thx x3 kakae lol well do u reccomend soft modding then or what chips work best for V1.6

8. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

i actually have a v1.6 softmodded and it works just as good as my friends that is a 1.4 soft modded. also i can do everything my other friend with a modchip can do it is just a little more work. so i would soft mod it is the cheapest and very easy to reverse if you mess up.

9. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

i think its probably a 1.6b that i have because its not on the chart and 1.6b wasnt on the chart that i checked on this website... can u gimme directions on how to soft mod or would that be asking too much sorry ive never softmodded b4

10. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

did you open it up or go by the serial charts?

11. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

i went by the serial charts and since it was newer than the charts i figured that it mustve been a 1.6b and i also dont know how to open up my xbox to see, kinda new to these things yet....

12. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

on very rare occasions you can get a mid 2004 etc xbox NOT a 1.6, this is when microsoft have remanufactured a board, but its very rare.
    it does sound like a 1.6 or 1.6b
    use the evox m8plus 1.6b bios if youre using a chip
    the one advantage of chips is another hard drive is simple plug and play.
    the advantage of softmods, is, its free
    But I still prefere modchips
    Itseasy enough to reverse a bad flash on say an xecuter 2.6 especially if you only use half the chip (ier flash bank 1)
    it can also be hotswapped and reflashed with evox.
    I use modchips cos Im contantly modding hard drives, so I made my own auto installer, and iots just a case of swapping the drive and putting in the installer.
    BUT, if you feel you wont be swapping out drives, and youre real strapped for cash, then softmodding is a good option
    The difference between a 1.6 and 1.6b is the memory chip, either hynix brand or samsung, and the only "issue" (though its not really) is not all "hacked" bios work on a 1.6b.
    Though I personally have yet to find a problem.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005