1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble flashing Chameleon w/ evox m7

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jnex93, Jan 24, 2004.

1. jnex93

jnex93 Member

I installed the Chameleon on my v1.5 xbox (so i also had to solder two connections)...it booted to the Cromwell 2.27 screen, prompted me for a disk, I put in the disk w/ the bios (named linuxbio.bin (in lowercase)), it said it was flashing the bios, and then after a few seconds, it shut off...I read that when you reboot, the evox screen is supposed to come up, but all i get is the original Microsoft dashboard (basically my xbox acts like i never put in the Chameleon)....does anyone know why its doing this?...I felt that everything went as was planned, until this step...I could really use the help of some true modders....

cheers
    --jnex93

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

After you flash your chip it's normal that you boot in the M$ screen because you haven't installed the evolutionx Dashboard yet. But you still can play backups and all. To install EvolutionX dashboard either download only the dashboard and make a boot disk (more can be read on www.xbox-scene.com about that) or download slayer auto-install as it is simpler!

3. jnex93

jnex93 Member

thanks for the help mikeDDR...i guess i was a little confused on how this process works, but now I am feelin a whole lot better...thanks again

--jnex93