1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble in the car . . .

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bladesfan, Apr 18, 2005.

1. bladesfan

bladesfan Guest

First time poster so please bear with me. I use iTunes software to burn CD's for play in my car stereo. I have been using CD-RW's and once the songs begin to play, they sound great but there is a long delay between songs (upwards of 30 seconds) while the CD player tries to "find" the next song on the CD. The settings in iTunes indicate a 2 second delay between songs. I'm recording in the audio format, not MP3 which is what I'm assuming I'm supposed to do. Other times, the CD player will continually "search" for the next song, and after a minute or so will kick the CD out with a "read error". Normal audio CD's play just fine, without the pauses or read errors. Any suggestions? Do I need to burn in a different format, use CD-R's instead of RW's, anything?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yea, unless your player says it can play CD-RWs then you should always use CD-Rs. Also, change the gap between tracks to "zero" so that you won't have any un-natural gapes between your songs.

Ced