1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble loading a few ps2 back-ups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by codeblue, Sep 7, 2004.

1. codeblue

codeblue Member

i have a ps2 v2 and i recently made back-ups of full metal alchemist dream carnival and star ocean 3 using dvd decrytor. i burnt them both with the same program at 1x. i use swap magic 2.0 dvd version to try to load them. for both games i get to the blue screen saying its the correct format then it just goes to a black screen and nothing loads. i backed-up other games and none of them except these 2 games run into this problem. can someone out there help me out please??

2. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

i had the same problem with a few games...i realised that it was the media after backuping up the same game again but this time on a ritek g04 dvd-r

3. codeblue

codeblue Member

i been using fuji film, backed up all 23 of my games except those 2 games is it really the media?

4. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

try using ritek on the 2 that arent loading. that really could solve the problem

5. codebluez

codebluez Guest

i cant seem to find any ritek at stores. but is verbatim good??? but yeah i have backed up 23 of my ps2 games only 2 games that dont work is star ocean 3 and full metal alchemist dream carnival. i have a version 2 ps2 and swap magic, i jsut get a black screen when i try to load them. today i tried it on my friends v7 ps2 and i get the same problem, i tried using dvdloader but same thing? oh yeah i am using FUJI film? should i switch to verbatim or ritek? is one better than the otrher?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2004
  6. astroduck

astroduck Member

Try to use DVD+R instead of DVD-R

7. codebluez

codebluez Guest

would using dvd+r make a difference?

8. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

DVD+R is not working with ps2 versions 1,2 and 3 if you have those version you can only use DVD-R

9. codebluez

codebluez Guest

ok but would backing up star ocean and fma onto a dvd+r make a difference? or is it the media

10. Kaido

Kaido Member

DVD-R is better dont pay attention to him

11. astroduck

astroduck Member

I have a PS2 V10 with Magic V and DVD+R works 100% of the time. However I have burn a couple games on DVD-R and they won't work. For example, Splinter Cell PT and Spiderman 2 (Black screens after the PS2 logo). But if I burned those games in DVD+R, they worked.

12. Krish_82

Krish_82 Guest

fuji dye dvd media are a waste of money. they are cheap and unreliable. use ritek or virbatim. ritek is cheap from the 2. i personaly use ritek and havent had a single problem. i have a version 4 ps2 so i use ritek dvd-r media for my backups

13. codeblue

codeblue Member

oh ok thanks a lot guys ill try verbatim since best buy sells them.