1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble opening files ripped from Smartripper in DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ashwin808, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ashwin808

ashwin808 Guest

Hello all,

Some time ago, i ripped some dvds onto my hard drive for later burning onto a dvd burner. For this I used smartripper. After i got my dvd burner, i wanted to turn these files into dvds. However, I cant seem to get them to open in dvd shrink. everytime I try to open the folder where one of the movies is saved, it gives me an error that says "dvd shrink cannot find a file named video_ts.ifo". In my folders that have my movie files, there are files with the following names: vts_01.d2v, vts_01.idx, vts_01.lst, vts_01_0.ifo, and then there are the vob files, which are named vts_01_01.vob, vts_01_02.vob, and so forth. finally there is a text file named vts_01_INFO.txt.

I dont know why dvd shrink will not open these dvd files. Can someone help me solve this problem? thanks a bunch

ash

2. chinahiro

chinahiro Guest

Try using Nero and there DVD authuring programe that is included in there software to make the DVD. Instead of DVD shrink. Have it create a ISO file of it, and mount the ISO. Then have DVD shrink, rip it into the correct size so you can fit it on a DVD.

Give that a try, and see if it works.