1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble playing burnt dvd's in player.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by n3lli, Apr 27, 2007.

1. n3lli

n3lli Member

Hi guys.

I have a problem playing burnt DVD's in my player. I have been using DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD's onto the HDD, and then DVDShrink to compress it, and then DVD Decrypter again, to burn it onto a blank DVD. However, my dvd player has trouble playing certain parts of DVD. for example, some chapters will start skipping and images will distort. Many of the chapters will not even play. But the rest of the chapters remain unaffected and play perfectly.

When i play the ripped movie off my HDD, it is perfect with no skipping at all. It only has problems when it is burnt to a dvd. I am using Shintaro 8x DVD-Rs. And as DVD Identifier shows, they are manufactured by Taiyo Yuden. So im pretty sure it is not the quality of the DVDs. I have also tried burning at 2x and 4x, with no luck. I am using an Imation dvd burner (IMWDVRW8DI). And if it is of any help, i am trying to copy the Star Wars Ep 3 and 4 DVD's.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Are you sure these Shintaro disks are real Taiyo Yuden discs?Because i've made a little search and all i could find is that they are made by CMC Mag(which i would advise you to stay away from).One best way to be sure if these are real TY discs,check near the inner hub on the burning side,if you can see the codes GG00xxxx,where the "x" can be any number.If you can't see these,then they are fake ones.And that's what would explain the problems you're experiencing.
    I would advise you to use quality medias like Verbatim and TY medias,they are the best ones.

Here's a link how to check the authenticity of TY medias: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/296925

Vincent.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

For movies use Verbatim DVDR- unless you can find disc that are made in Japan (I can't find any at the local stores)

4. n3lli

n3lli Member

thanks for the help guys! its all sorted. i got myself some verbatim dvd-r's and the movies burn fine now. looks like those shintaro's werent TY's hehe

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Glad to see you're ok with burning your movies now.As you could clearly see,there's in fact a world of difference between fake TY medias which were in fact CMC Mag and top notch medias like Verbatim or genuine TY medias.Crap medias will never equal top quality medias,difference is so obvious in results!

Vincent.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007