1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble re-burning image file..."urgent"

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Lisdona, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Lisdona

Lisdona Member

hi, i'm newbie.

i really appreciate if somebody could tell me what to do here:

i downloaded a PC game and its so happen to be cue/bin file.
    there was an error when i tried to burn the disc in nero (oh and btw, there are 2 discs).. so i found this link:(http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm)
    hoping that it will help me...

the problem is when i clicked on RECORDER, then BURN IMAGE, i had to open my game file containing CD1 and CD2... i clicked on CD1, and i opened it with notepad to change the first line...but it still doesn't work...

Is there anyway i can make this work, or is it just useless if i keep trying? please help. :|

2. varnull

varnull Guest

try imgburn .. also check the paths in the actual cue file (open with notepad) but why??.. sometimes they list some crap like C:\dave\rips\game instead of nothing or local which obviously is the wrong path on your system.. if you changed the file in any way (the cue file) then you mucked up.. but not totally.. if you opened up the bin file and changed anything it's dead.
    google editing .cue files .. for more on that little game.

people don't always get these right.. I don't bother burning them any more.. they only ever need a crack which we can't talk about... what about mounting the disk image on a nero virtual drive and checking them out?.

if they are still mucking about there is a little thing called bin2iso that's a nice little command line bit of fun.

BTW .. there is nothing whatsoever "urgent" about burning some bloody game isos.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
  3. Lisdona

Lisdona Member

thank you for all these suggestions... i'll try everything you suggested.

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

In this day and age, everything is urgent, and nothing is worth the time to acquire the wisdom to do it.
    I wonder if her files were corrupted to start with, I've had a few employees give me trash files in the hope that I could turn them into real game CD disks, never work though. The files never mount on a virtual drive and ImgBurn doesn't think they are valid either.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

I usually find it's the cue files which are messed up .. that's why I have a few other ways to deal with the things..

then again.. this is a securom loaded game so it's likely to just be rubbish to start with... and really not what anybody should be installing from any source without careful consideration of the real physical damage it can do.

the 2004 method (google is so useful.. first hit for burn bin/cue)

You can convert the .bin to ISO using WinISO (guide):
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/winiso/convert-bin-to-iso.html

Then burn the ISO using Nero (guide):
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_usingnero_iso.php

You could alternatively make a .cue file using the MakeCUE program:
    http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~/junglas/makecue.html

which really seems like the long way round when it's just a matter of dropping the cue file into the nero imageburning bit and then reporting the error so we can work it out.. lots of 360 dvd files are messed up just the same.. XD

6. Lisdona

Lisdona Member

varmull. u really seem like an expert at this type of thing.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

Just a linux dvd ripping/authoring/burning expert .. and somebody who can work on the fly

Open your .cue files and copy/paste them into the topic XD

like this using {code}{/code} tags

Code:
    FILE "whatever.BIN" BINARY 

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

that will work.. whereas this

Code:
    FILE "C:\TEMP\RIPS\whatever.BIN" BINARY  	

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00 

will not.. unless that really is the location of the .bin file... a couple of choices if that is the case.. edit the cue file (only ever use a plain editor like notepad.. not word or some fancy thing because they put all kinds of garbage in the file) to show the right place.. or move the .bin file to where the .cue file is looking for it.

It's really quite simple to troubleshoot these files and their errors.

8. Lisdona

Lisdona Member

i finally got it to work!!..(thanks for all the help in this thread), but guess what, unfortunately the game itself was the problem. i'll just have to keep looking for good sites. thanks a lot everyone. :)

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Yeah, there are a fair number of junk/trash/corrupted files out there passing themselves off as valid game files. Gotta love those pirates eh?