1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble removing ILVUs

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by klemperal, Jul 3, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I'm doing some experimentation with this as this is the first time I'v really had to remove so many ILVUs. The first time I tried resulted in there being lag, choppiness, or delay in play around some of the ILVUs I removed via Vobblanker (process all then blanking the vobs I knew to be the ILVU). Now I'm trying with remake pro instead--splitting ILVU blocks and then hiding the unwanted block one by one (this the correct way to do it or is there a faster/better way?) If it helps, the movie I'm editing is Deja Vu and I didn't want to put it in the title since there are already a million deja vu threads. If you think you can help please let me know the best way to remove unwanted ILVU, thanks.

2. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

(From that discussion
    Still talking about RMpro? If so I don't understand how you would do that and not loose the video you want to keep. It seems manually splitting and hiding doesn't do the trick in clearing up the momentary pauses (to no avail I tried Fixvts and processing it through vobblanker after I was done exporting the vid with RMpro and still there were slight pauses.) I'm getting off track though, it seems that you all had resolved the situation on the other thread so some clarification, keep in mind I'm pretty new to remake pro, would be much appreciated.

4. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Yes, the explanation is in regards to DVDRMP. Were you using "Split interleaved cells" option and hiding them? If so, you don't need to do that. Hiding all blocks in one PGC does not affect the other unhidden PGCs. In other words, unhidden video would still be intact.

Is the movie Region 1? Which VTS/PGC did you hide? You notice the pause in software player or standalone? What version of DVDRMP are you using? Demo?