1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Streaming video with XBMC

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by badmagic, Aug 19, 2007.

1. badmagic

badmagic Member

Im using the newest XBMC and the newest MC360 skin, even though the skin shouldnt matter, but heres the problem, when i go to videos and then go to workgroup smb, i get a error 1073741772 message. which is strange, since ive always just been able to stream video by doing this simple process and not going through the whole smb setup, the xbox would just be able to see which files im sharing on the computer automatically. Here is another interesting tidbit, im able to go to music, then click workgroup as i normally would, and then i can switch media to video and then i am able to stream videos from my pc just like i was always able to. So streaming still works with this work-around, but its a pain in the butt and i was wondering if theres a solution to get the video-tab streaming to work again without having to constantly switch media mode.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

First off I'd say that you've got an XBMC corruption. You sound like the sort of person that would just overwrite everything to upgrade instaed of doing it fresh?

Install XBMC fresh and I'll say your issue will disappear!

3. badmagic

badmagic Member

When i upgrade i backup my user data file and then delete the current XBMC, then put the new XBMC there and then transfer over my old userdata file. wouldnt that be considered a fresh install or is there a better way to do it?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, that sounds good! Maybe the corruption is within your user data?

Have you tried different XBMC builds? Does it still occur?

Have you got it setup correctly?

Use my networking guide to ensure that all your shares are correct and that XBMC is also configured!

5. badmagic

badmagic Member

i was thinking it was within the user data also, but i keep the same old user data cause if i just stick with the new empty user datas that come with the tech builds, there is no list of sources within the media tabs, so when i click music or videos none of the sources show up so i cant do anything. Ive tried a few different builds too, so like you said, the problem is probably within the user data, is there a way to rebuild the sources easily since on the new builds there are no sources listed?

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What do you mean by sources? Links to your network or internet stuff?

You can just make new links to your own network!

7. badmagic

badmagic Member

yea, like the dvd drive wont show up, or the workgroups, any of that stuff. ill try to figure out how to add them myself and get it working.